LegacyGT.com

Spec B just In!!!

nicd

Yes at this point the ride is stiffer but really no worse I feel than a WRX with STI /SPT set-up I had a spec C suspension on the WRX and it felt very similar. I will try and do what Kevin suggested.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='nicd']Yes at this point the ride is stiffer but really no worse I feel than a WRX with STI /SPT set-up I had a spec C suspension on the WRX and it felt very similar. I will try and do what Kevin suggested.[/quote] nicd, it's awesome that you're doing this. I was the GT wagon suspension guinea pig, and the WRX wagon guinea pig with the previous car. It's nice to see someone else stepping up to the plate with real, empirical data, rather than speculation. It is much appreciated, even if I have no interest in modding my car. I'll have questions for you later, however, once you get it all wrung out. What are your alignment settings, btw, and do they differ from stock? Kevin p.s. Okay, MORE questions... :lol:

At this point I have used the same settings as the stock set-up. BTW we used the alingment settings from the setting bolts and the car tracked perfectly. At this point I can not say I am aware of other settings. More on the ride. The car does appear to be a little more jumpy nothing dramatic but more than stock, the speed bumps are like the STI set-up it just seems to soak it up. More to follow with pics and the differances I noticed.

Nooo there is no floating like a boat just the differance between wearing spikes and sneakers(in the spirit of the Olympic games). The car just feeds back every nook and cranny of the road, mind you with the Azenis I was already getting that.

I was not planning on auto-x the Wagon, but I will be taking it to the track before winter as I am curiouse to see how well sorted the car is. What I can say is that the turn in is very very sharp, leterally once you are past your apex if the car is pointed in the right direction and you go it just follows on through as if you did not have a big rear end. The main thing so far is that there is much less scrubbing of the front tires. The shocks do not seem to be scared of large potholes or speed bumps "a la SPT set up" I have never been in a STI so I can not compare as the only bits I had on the WRX was the spec C shocks with STI coils. It is not a forgiving suspension you will know you have a stiffer ride!! I feel it is quite livable but the car will be tested by the Wife soon so we should have a more objective opinion :)

That will indeed be the ultimate test! I've rode/driven an STi with pink springs, and I think despite being very sure-footed, it was decent enough for daily driving for me. If it's similar, I'm sure I could handle it easy enough.

[quote name='nicd']It is not a forgiving suspension you will know you have a stiffer ride!! I feel it is quite livable but the car will be tested by the Wife soon so we should have a more objective opinion :)[/quote] My wife doesn't complain much about the ride although others have mentioned the firmness. She probably puts the bumps/jolts down to the state of the roads around Tokyo. The only thing that she moans about, bar the speed I drive at, is that the passenger seat feels very low down, and the JDM doesn't have much in the wasy of adjustments for the passenger seat.

Wow thanks for doing all this and posting pics, the more pics the better I think :) Looks like the drop is just right for me. Gives it that lowered look but also still keeps around 5" of ground clearance for the snow and dirt I might go through :) Just wondering how much did this setup cost you? I think I might be going with this in the spring time when I get my wheels and tires too. Really would like to get rid of that floaty feeling in the rear of the legacy (same floaty feeling as a stock wrx). Also how was the install? how long did it take? I am guessing the fronts will be the same as the WRX, but the rears look more complicated, did you find it more or less complicated to do then the rears on the WRX?

Install was a breeze thou I did not do it myself, if you have a good jack and some air tools no issues. The whole thing took about 90 mins. Just be waware to support the rear shocks with a jack as there is some compression before you can take out the lower rear bolt that attaches to the hub assembly. The wife did not so far mention anything other than why did you have to change the suspension was it broken? :roll: Actually maybe some of you might be saying this. The cost has been discussed at length previously I got these in for a combined price of about 75,000 JPY landed and brokered.

Archived