LegacyGT.com

Hogzaust question.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
I'm so glad this is a welcoming community of fellow Legacy owners and not a forum full of elitists who are too good to outright answer a newb's questions. </sarcasm>

The point of me asking questions isn't to "annoy" all of you long time Subie fanatics. It's to... ya know... actually learn something. constructive criticism is one thing but you guys are ridiculous sometimes.

We answered your questions. It will not provide any performance benefit, and it's not safe. Any other questions?

• I Donated Too
learn this: exhaust leaks are lame sounding, dangerous, and of poor choice when trying to modify a vehicle.

Learned!

We answered your questions. It will not provide any performance benefit, and it's not safe. Any other questions?

So...what you guys are saying is that it's NOT cool. Right?

• I Donated
I'm so glad this is a welcoming community of fellow Legacy owners and not a forum full of elitists who are too good to outright answer a newb's questions.

Really???!?!!!???

Your questions were answered.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Really???!?!!!???

Your questions were answered.

Nobody answered my question until post #33 on page 3, which was by wish. My point is, everyone got into a flame war against hogzaust because it's "stupid". You could've used your big boy words and told me why it was "stupid" without going on for 3 pages.

btw, I don't want it to be cool. I just want my car to sound different until I can save up enough to get a new exhaust. I see that hogzaust isn't an option on the 98 LOB's so I'll find something else to do to it.

to play devils advocate... then what say you all about cars with turn downs behind the rear bumper?

Are all those people doomed? Or did the automakers just really want to **** then with out them knowing it?

Truth be told unless you're idling with 0 airflow around the car therea is such a minuscule amount of CO flowing into the cabin that chances are you will never be affected by it. The second your car starts moving there is enough forced airflow under the car to quickly vent any potentially harmful quantities of gas.

You will also pollute more.

I ran my LGT catless for a while. I'm now firmly in the "street cars should have cats" camp.

Hippie. :lol:

Everytime i back up on my fully catted car i smell fuel through my exhaust.

Ok. Your point. What does it cost to have a muffler welded onto your car. I doubt its $1.00

I charge $25 labor to weld in a muffler in my shop. Most people provide their own mufflers. You can buy a muffler for $20 and up. Or if you want loud, you could just cut off your muffler.

PM me what shop, ill bring my own muffler in. i just had a new one put on my civic, but it was from the flange back, since it was rusted through when i bought the car. 23 bucks for the "muffler" was cheaper than the 40 bucks for new pipe and bending/ welding. im going to get a new muffler for my subaru as well, i hate being able to stand next to the back bumper and not be able to tell if the motor is running or not...

we're talking about a 94 legacy here, i'm sure there are enough rust holes for gas to flow up and into the cabin

Actually the only rust on my car is on the rear quaters and its about the size of a quarter.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived