LegacyGT.com

Tinted Tail Lights

superscooby

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, it's not a dumb question. By definition, tint reduces light transmissibility. So if you tint your tails, the primary objective effect is to reduce light output from them, even if your stated goal is just to make the car look cooler.

It's not a primary objective it's a side effect. :rolleyes: Come on don't throw logic out the window because you're in a losing battle.

It's a dumb question because it's rhetorical.

Taillight tint can also protect your tails from being scratched, scuffed, etc.

• I Donated
It's not a primary objective it's a side effect. :rolleyes: Come on don't throw logic out the window because you're in a losing battle.

Apparently you are unfamiliar with the concept of objective vs. subjective, so here's a link describing the difference:

http://www.differencebetween.net/language/difference-between-objective-and-subjective/

Don't talk to me about logic until you can grasp a simple distinction like that. :rolleyes:

Also, if you think all rhetorical questions are dumb, would you like to buy some oceanfront property in Arizona? ;)

Apparently you are unfamiliar with the concept of objective vs. subjective, so here's a link describing the difference:

http://www.differencebetween.net/language/difference-between-objective-and-subjective/

Don't talk to me about logic until you can grasp a simple distinction like that. :rolleyes:

Also, if you think all rhetorical questions are dumb, would you like to buy some oceanfront property in Arizona? ;)

*facepalm* Did you read that link before you posted it?

That link is using the word Objective as an Adjective we are using it as a Noun. Not at all relevant to this discussion. :lol:

Read, the Objective is the person's Intended Goal.

I guess you are going to need the definition for Intended now... I'll give you a hint this time it is being used as an Adjective.

• I Donated
*facepalm* Did you read that link before you posted it?

That link is using the word Objective as an Adjective we are using it as a Noun. Not at all relevant to this discussion. :lol:

Read, the Objective is the person's Intended Goal.

I guess you are going to need the definition for Intended now... I'll give you a hint this time it is being used as an Adjective.

Okay, genius, do you need me to diagram my original sentence?

Actually, it's not a dumb question. By definition, tint reduces light transmissibility. So if you tint your tails, the primary objective effect is to reduce light output from them, even if your stated goal is just to make the car look cooler.

"So if you tint your tails" is a dependent clause. I'm not going to diagram it.

"the" is an article.

"primary" and "objective" are ADJECTIVES. Yes, ADJECTIVES.

"effect" is the noun/subject. ("objective" is not.)

"is" is the verb.

"to reduce" is an infinitive modifying the verb.

"light output" is the direct object.

"from them" is a prepositional phrase.

"even if your stated goal is just to make the car look cooler" is another dependent clause that I'm not going to diagram either.

I can't believe I just had to do that. :rolleyes:

Okay, genius, do you need me to diagram my original sentence?

"So if you tint your tails" is a dependent clause. I'm not going to diagram it.

"the" is an article.

"primary" and "objective" are ADJECTIVES. Yes, ADJECTIVES.

"effect" is the noun/subject. ("objective" is not.)

"is" is the verb.

"to reduce" is an infinitive modifying the verb.

"light output" is the direct object.

"from them" is a prepositional phrase.

"even if your stated goal is just to make the car look cooler" is another dependent clause that I'm not going to diagram either.

I can't believe I just had to do that. :rolleyes:

You're wrong so you're going full retard?

I love arguing on the internet. Congrats to the winners.

• I Donated
You're in a fail argument, with a fail point of view and you are now making up your own definitions. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_objective

Apparently you are unaware that in the English language, many words can be used in multiple ways.

So, who else thinks this thread has run its course?

This guy.

• I Donated
yet you keep posting :iam:

:iam:

I want you to go back and re-read this thread. :lol:

Why? You're the one having reading-comprehension issues here. You don't grasp the English language well enough to understand what I wrote. Not my fault.

Semantics aside, it's still a stupid idea to tint your taillights.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Yup, all you guys keep over thinking the semantics, the legality and the other retarded details of the matter while we will keep making our cars cool and thus keep getting laid by hot chicks. Have fun with your internet friends and your schematics.

• I Donated Too
Yup, all you guys keep over thinking the semantics, the legality and the other retarded details of the matter while we will keep making our cars cool and thus keep getting laid by hot chicks. Have fun with your internet friends and your schematics.

Jesus. Any iota of leverage/credibility you had in the debate just went flying out the tinted window.

Archived