• Last Reply
  • I Donated

94 is 1st gen

Look at the beginning of your VIN. It will be 4S3xx

Look at the xx....the two letters there will be your chassis code

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Trust me, your car is not a GT. The GT was first introduced on the BD chassis in 1996.

Whatever you say brokn. I'm not here to argue. But its kinda weirs how every place I call for parts ask me the trim level of it and GT is an option. And the factory owners manual and badges themselves deem it a GT.

USA-spec GT models, first offered in 1990 as a turbocharged sedan or wagon in Japan, and as a trim package for the USA version in 1994, became a top level model upgrade in 1996, using the new EJ25D DOHC 2.5 L naturally aspirated engine.

• I Donated

1996 was the first year for the Legacy GT in the US market.

In Japan, the Legacy GT was available in 1990 (I think), but not until later in the US.

You don't have to lie and say the parts stores ask you if its a GT. Its not a GT. If it has a GT badge on it, some retard ricer who owned it before you just slapped it on there.

The US market has no such thing as a 1994 Legacy GT Wagon. The first Legacy GTs in the US market were BD and BK chassis codes.

Not only are you posting in the wrong section (you should be in the first gen forum), but you're making a complete idiot out of yourself by arguing that you have a car that simply does not exist.

Remember, you're the one who came here asking questions because you did not know. Don't start acting like you're some kind of expert after someone tells you the answer that you don't want to hear.

You don't have a Legacy GT. Its simply not possible. Accept that fact and move on with life.

The only thing close to a "gt" that was available pre 1996 was the Legacy SS turbo....but still, that wasn't a "GT".

Post your VIN and I can decode it for you. You can edit out the last 8 characters (the vehicle serial number) if you would like. Everything needed to know what kind of car it is is contained in the first 9 digits.

On a side note - the information you posted is not correct. Can you provide a link to where you got it from? The GT is not a "trim" upgrade. Its a different engine, different suspension, different sway bar, different bumpers, added spoiler, fog lights, different grille, etc.

THIS is what a 1994 Legacy GT looks like. http://forums.gtrcanada.com/rightdrive/37218-1994-subaru-legacy-gt-wagon-sold.html

Notice how it has a 2.0L twin turbo engine? And its the second generation body style.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Do you have a hood scoop? If so then you may have a touring wagon. If not you have a Legacy, not a GT. Post a pic of your engine and we can tell you what you have.

Post a pic of your hatch. Anyone can add a GT badge so don't go by that.

• I Donated

I'm not trolling here. Seriously I'm not.

I can provide all the proof that is needed just based off the vehicles VIN. Not to mention, anyone else who knows older Legacys can verify what I'm saying.

The VIN can not, and does not say its a Legacy GT.

The parts stores (Autozone, Orilleys, Advance Auto, Pep Boys, Carquest, BAP, etc) have a listing for a 1994 Legacy GT. I verified this through my commercial accounts online earlier.

Not a single US market Legacy came out of the factory with a "GT" badge on it. Any GT badge that might be on your car was installed by either yourself or a previous owner.

The Legacy GT is not only a "trim" level, but every performance aspect from steering/suspension to engine & tuning is different.

The 1994 Legacy was available with 2 engines. The EJ22E N/A 2.2L and the turbo EJ22. The N/A versions was available in 96% of the Legacys. The last 4% were either the Legacy SS or Legacy Touring Wagon (turbo models)...SS standing for sport sedan.

Now that I've made my point : I'll just leave things at this :

http://www.boards.sharkchan.org/r/src/1329965217601.jpg

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

and from Cars 101:

1994 Legacy Option and Value Packages Value Option Group #1

Value Option group #2

available on Legacy L Adds:

a/c,

power windows and door locks,

cruise control

and 80 watt AM/FM/Cassette with equalizer, clock 4 speakers

Legacy GT wagon Legacy L All-Wheel-Drive with value Option Group #2

plus:

mesh alloy heels,

raised roof, like on the 96-99 Outbacks

body colored door handle and mirrors,

roof rails,

full ground effects package: front, side, rear

CD player,

rear stabilizer bar,

hmm, maybe he does have a 1994 gt, this is from an SoA brochure:

http://www.legacycentral.org/images/literature/94_legacy/15_16.jpg

That's exactly what my car looks like minus the wheels same color and everything. And here's my vin 4s3bf6334r7990493

As soon as I get to work I'll post apic of the GT badge that on the hatch. But to be honest its more of placard that's made into the red legacy molding going across the hatch. And it says GT 4wd

Archived