LegacyGT.com

OFFICIAL 2013 WRX/STI Thread

LegGTLT

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The parts that remind me of the BL Legacy are fine. I really dislike the trend to mirrors on sticks and stupid little windows in corners you can't see out of. It's just ugly and I can't imagine why Subaru decided to jump on this bandwagon. Sadly, no amount of tweaking grilles, headlamps or bumpers is going to fix this major aesthetic faux-pas.

I honestly thought I owned the ugliest WRX there ever was, or ever would be. Really surprised Subaru managed to surpass this and reach a new all-time low.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

The parts that remind me of the BL Legacy are fine. I really dislike the trend to mirrors on sticks and stupid little windows in corners you can't see out of. It's just ugly and I can't imagine why Subaru decided to jump on this bandwagon. Sadly, no amount of tweaking grilles, headlamps or bumpers is going to fix this major aesthetic faux-pas.

I honestly thought I owned the ugliest WRX there ever was, or ever would be. Really surprised Subaru managed to surpass this and reach a new all-time low.

obvious you've never sat in this car. Those stupid little side mirrors are a huge gain in visibility. They exist because the A Pillar has been moved so far forward to increase aerodynamics that there would be a massive amount of plastic there. Moving the mirrors to doors allows them to be positioned perfectly for aerodynamics.

The Impreza doesn't get 36 mpg on will power. It's pulling out every trick in the book other than DI to get there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To the people claiming and jumping,to conclusions that this is what the next gen car will look like,get your head out of your ass. It's a prototype mule body of a 2012 Impreza body shell over the all new components underneath. What is underneath is all new,as will be the body. The only thing that the next gen WRX will share,if at all with the Impreza is just a few nuts and bolts. Other then that it will be unique and have it's own styling and design. I am very excited and i know they will make it awesome! I want a 2015 model. Subaru said that the next WRX will have it's own unique styling. Also it will retain some design elements from the advanced tourer concept. The real actual design will be alot better and more aggressively styled than that prototype. Expect to see the real deal sometime next year,possibly at the Detroit or New York Auto Show.

obvious you've never sat in this car.

Actually I have sat in a new Impreza, and an XV, and my experience was different to yours.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I like my Subaru's but if they keep making them look like they are I'm going to lean another way.

2013 dodge Dart SRT-4 starting to look nice.

production version will likely produce around 300 horsepower and mite come out with AWD...

http://www.dart-mouth.com/photos/srt4-rendering.jpg

if you can't notice how much visibility is gained from those windows you are legally blind.

Well, if you can't tell I don't care what you think, you're legally stupid.

It doesn't seem logical to "leak" photos of a re-design before the release of the 2013. I think it would only hurt sales because of people waiting for the next generation.

Either way, if any of you think this is what the next WRX is going to look like, I think you are way out of touch with the direction Subaru wants to take the next gen. WRX by completely separating it from the Impreza line.

you're wrong.

In your opinion, which I disagree with.

I think you are way out of touch with the direction Subaru wants to take the next gen. WRX by completely separating it from the Impreza line.

That was my understanding too. Hopefully this is just some kind of test mule and won't end up in production.

Maybe unrelated but GH TDi models in Europe came with the same aero package, hood etc. as the WRX. Can't remember off-hand where the oil filter is on the diesels.

I'd say it's an early mule of an Impreza GT. Other photos showed a thought out scoop diverter and the oil filter on the top of the engine, so it's definitely a turbo FA (no surprise there)

Bringing back the Impreza GT doesn't make any sense at all. I'd rather have a WRX instead. I would love to see them bring back the RS name,with 200hp though. The RS has been gone since what 2005? Oh a Impreza GT RS sounds really good though.

Also on a side note does that 6 speed look like the same unit as the one that was in the BM GT? God it better not be,and it better not be a cable shifter either. I guess you can tell because the Spec.B and the STI both had the same rod actuated 6 speed with the silver metal ring on it. The BM had a black plastic one,and judging by the picture of that mule the ring is plastic too...i hope they keep it rod actuated,because switching to cable would be going backwards and aren't cables prone to breakage?

Also i think they should bring back the Justy in a 3 and 5 door with a 1.6L and with 130hp and an STI version with 200.

Bringing back the Impreza GT doesn't make any sense at all.

It actually makes perfect sense if you know what's happening with the WRX/STi down the line.

The WRX/STi is branching off into it's own smaller chassis in the future, rumored to be powered by a 1.6 liter direct injected turbo engine (for reentry into the WRC perhaps?). It sounds like it will be VERY small (read not useful for families).

Subaru would lose a huge piece of the game if they did not have any version of a reasonably sized, turbo Impreza.

Look for the upcoming Impreza GT to be more like the 05-09 LGT and less like the former IGT.

Archived