LegacyGT.com

Legacy DIT?

DrD123

Exactly. Your GT was worthless to SOA and the numbers showed it. So they axed it. Base model Legacy? 150% growth of the ENTIRE Legacy model range due to it's success. They will keep building those! :lol:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, they were bringing in 2011's when I picked it up, and it had been sitting on the lot in Long Beach for a year. I actually had to have Subaru warranty the windshield because it had hard water deposits that wouldn't come out no matter what from sitting out there so long!

He could be totally wrong, but when I asked the salesman about how many 2010 GT's sold in CA, he said about 17! Makes sense then that living in LA, I have literally seen 2 LGT's over 3 years now, and one of those was in the shop.

I'll never understand why they scrapped the auto for the USDM LGT. They doomed it from the start.

:(

I know, I feel your pain. :( I wasn't proud of the newer GT but owning one of the GT models myself it hurt to see it go. Now I'm just cynical about the whole f'ing thing and stopped having hope.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I'm sure the engine (or a version of it) will come here in the WRX/STi - maybe the LGT will come back, maybe not - who knows.

Not sure I would want a CVT... the links above say something like a 20% increase in fuel economy, but if you look at the 2.5i now, they pick that up with just the CVT...

They state somewhere that the 20% increase is more due to the 'auto-off' - they have put the same technology from the Impreza in the Legacy.

It probably contributes, but 20% won't come from that alone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think that there are a few reasons for the GT not being attractive to the majority of the car purchasers in the US:

• High fuel consumption.
  • "Everybody" knows that turbo engines aren't as reliable as NA engines.
  • The GT doesn't have the image of a sporty car and persons looking for such will either go for the STi, Lancer Evo or Mustang.
  • The average buyer will probably prefer the 3.6 H6 instead of a turbocharged H4.

Of course - people that knows what a GT is won't have any problems purchasing one.

453747.png

I think that there are a few reasons for the GT not being attractive to the majority of the car purchasers in the US:

• High fuel consumption.
  • "Everybody" knows that turbo engines aren't as reliable as NA engines.
  • The GT doesn't have the image of a sporty car and persons looking for such will either go for the STi, Lancer Evo or Mustang.
  • The average buyer will probably prefer the 3.6 H6 instead of a turbocharged H4.

Of course - people that knows what a GT is won't have any problems purchasing one.

^ also no automatic

• Mega Users
I don't know. I think it will make it over here since they're fazing out the ej. But there's no reason to think a legacy with DIT will make those numbers. I bet they will put a smaller turbo on the legacy just to piss everyone off.

Yup, they were bringing in 2011's when I picked it up, and it had been sitting on the lot in Long Beach for a year. I actually had to have Subaru warranty the windshield because it had hard water deposits that wouldn't come out no matter what from sitting out there so long!

He could be totally wrong, but when I asked the salesman about how many 2010 GT's sold in CA, he said about 17! Makes sense then that living in LA, I have literally seen 2 LGT's over 3 years now, and one of those was in the shop.

I'll never understand why they scrapped the auto for the USDM LGT. They doomed it from the start.

I live in New England, one of the "natural habitats", so to speak of Subaru's, and saw my first 5th gen LGT onthe highway last weekend. And I drive a ton. Virtually all other Subaru variants ( WRX, STi, Tribeca non-GT leggy, etc) are plentiful around here because of the AWD. I can see how they would be hesitant to keep making them even if it is a blow to GT enthusiasts. It just sucks bad for our community!

or was it seagull shit acid etching the glass?

• 2 weeks later...

I would consider the CVT on the legacy quite good.

I borrowed a 2012 Legacy Limited recently. My impressions were that this is one of the best automatics I have even driven. I only found out it was a CVT afterwards:)

FWIW, I have only owned manual cars and only drive auto's occasionally - rentals mostly.

Everybody knows that all CVTs that were ever made, are made now, or will be made in the future are exactly the same. This is true because all manual transmissions and all automatic transmissions are exactly the same too.

Yes, this is sarcasm.

Everybody knows that all CVTs that were ever made, are made now, or will be made in the future are exactly the same. This is true because all manual transmissions and all automatic transmissions are exactly the same too.

Yes, this is sarcasm.

Haha, I love it. I was weary at first but I love how smooth my car is and I have not driven a traditional automatic that compares. The only thing that I'm not a fan of is that it's a somewhat loud 4 cylinder when you need it to move. Nothing that the 300hp model with CVT wouldn't fix though. :)

I'm starting to enjoy watching the so called Suby fans die a slow death. But but but cvt is bad, but but but the car is ugly. Subaru doesn't care about you. The sooner you accept this the better.

• Mega Users
I'm starting to enjoy watching the so called Suby fans die a slow death. But but but cvt is bad, but but but the car is ugly. Subaru doesn't care about you. The sooner you accept this the better.

The car is still ugly. But cvt's are good when made properly. At least, they are better than a typical auto when coupled with a good engine.

While i cant say ill buy a BM i would buy a GE or even a GV :) but never a GH :eek:

The Subie CVT is not the same experience as the Murano CVT. The latter is what caused the bad reputation for modern CVT:s.

So before dismissing the CVT gearbox as a concept you need to test drive several different implementations.

453747.png

When I got my 2010 LGT in fall 2010, beyond what the dealership took off the sticker, SOA added a $4,000 incentive to sell the car. Sticker was 31,200, paid 24,700 since no one wanted the car...

Subarus are all about awd. Not something you need in Cali. :) Subaru cuts corners in other areas to put in the awd and loses sales to Toyota, Honda, Hyundai and others due to those details. Plus, the base Legacy is a bit ugly. Take that GT to a snowy state and it will sell for a premium.

You got a great deal and great car. Heck, the awd Audi's, bimmers, mercs, fords, etc. all sell for 30K-40K+ after they are loaded up with forced packages.

The Subie CVT is not the same experience as the Murano CVT. The latter is what caused the bad reputation for modern CVT:s.

So before dismissing the CVT gearbox as a concept you need to test drive several different implementations.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErtTi7J9MEU&feature=relmfu]SUBARU LEGACY FIRST IMPRESSION LEGACY 2.0GT DIT/山野哲也 - YouTube[/ame]

I just watched the video of the new 2.0GT DIT doing some acceleration tests. The video is in Japanese so I don't know what the driver is talking about, but from the acceleration tests, to me, it looks/sounds like the CVT behaves like a traditional automatic transmission when in S# mode! Meaning it shifts by itself and does not hold the RPM in a particular spot while accelerating. Is this possible? Could it be a feature for "S#" mode vs "S" and "I" modes?

I came to this conclusion, because at the 1:06 mark, I see and hear him clicking the paddles to shift through the steps/"gears" in manual mode.

At 1:31, he does the acceleration test in S# mode, I hear the engine changing "gears" but I DID NOT see or hear the driver clicking the paddles. I do hear the engine changing tones.

And at 2:12, the driver is in I mode during the third test, and here, I hear the CVT behaving like a traditional CVT, holding the RPMs at the sweet spot while accelerating mode. I hear the engine droning on like it as held at a particular RPM.

So does anyone understand Japanese and can confirm this?

Archived