LegacyGT.com

Legacy DIT?

DrD123

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In no world can the disconnectedness of a CVT ever be sporty though. Sure, it might provide some better fuel economy. But when I'm shopping for a sporty car, that's really not on the top of my priorities

Bingo!

Availability of a conventional manual transmission and 250-ish HP & torque in a 4-door sedan is precisely how we ended up with our LGT. Never mind my own hardcore position, it was my wife's active choice as well (the car is her DD, actually). All those other cars with similar power but only available with an automatic of some type or other didn't even make the 'short list'.

It was pretty damn depressing to hear that the LGT had dropped back to "by special order only" availability the last time we were in the dealership waiting on a normal service.

How "smoothly" any car drives - and I suspect that Ozzy means "shifts" (or not) here - is something that means much more to me when I get it all right than when some computer does it for me.

I like what I'm reading about the DIT itself, and I really hope that some way of pairing the DIT with a proper manual tranny manages to happen. Even if that combination were to be the extra-cost option with whatever AT being the standard fitment. After 40+ years of owning stick-shift cars exclusively, paddles aren't going do it for us either.

Norm

I really hope the DIT comes to the US. It doesn't really matter if it's CVT or manual, though bringing both would please the widest group of people. I would actually prefer the CVT, as it sounds like it's programmed quite well. I don't do autocrossing (though the CVT would probably shine there - no shifts = no time lost, also, Subaru's 5-speed autos do a great job of holding gear when driving spiritedly, so I'm sure they have that programmed into the CVT, giving good engine braking).

• 1 month later...

Archived