LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket companies?

Hi, I posted earlier about safe mods for a lgt, well that lgt sold. :( So I am looking at 4th gen 2.5i's. And I see alot of aftermarket companies talked about on this forum but there is one I haven't really seen mentioned, and it seems that they are dedicated specifically to subarus and wanted to know if there is something wrong with them?

The company I am talking about is xcceleration.com They have alot of kits and parts listed for subarus(one of the only ones that offer a catted up pipe for the LGT that I found).

Has anyone used them. the reason I ask is that they have supercharger and turbo kits for the 2.5i, I saw that AVO has a turbo kit too.

Just wanted to know if they are not safe or if just no one has experience with them. Thanks.

Not sure about that first company. AVO is solid. You don't want a catted Up Pipe - if it breaks down it's taking the turbo and likely the motor with it too. In 2007 Subaru stopped putting them in Legacies for a reason. 2005-6 owners make this a first priority mod as well.

Well not looking at the LGT's anymore, the ones in my area are all high mileage and still expensive, and I heard that the the turbos were the weak point till 09 or something so the cat'd uppipe ins't important anymore, but it was just to stay visually legal for inspection purposes.

Ty though.

Money. A 2.5i in my area with less than 60k miles is about 16,000. A lgt with around 80k miles is about 19,000. not to mention that 2.5i's are a dime a dozen and the lgt's are hard to find but also tend to get modified so you have to trust that they were taken care of.

I wasn't asking specifically for forced induction aftermarket person just curious that that company isnt mentioned on the site for some reason but they are exclusive to subaru didnt know if I should trust them vs the companies that seem to be commonly used.

I used to have an 03 lgt(basically a legacy with a shiftable 4speed auto) loved the car(lotta back roads when I visit fam) but always wanted a little more grunt, not to mention that the 03 and 04s were a little less refined than the 4th gens.

You will never be able to get "a little more grunt" from a 2.5i without entirely swapping out the motor for a turbo motor, or a H6 or something. AVO does sell a turbo kit for the 2.5i but it's still not as easy or cheap as buying a LGT and starting with a turbo charged car. The reason is that everyone who wants a fast subi gets a turbocharged one, so there simply isn't any aftermarket support for us N/A people. In the end, when looking to buy a car, "Patience, young padawan". That said, if you don't mind not having much power, the 2.5i is still a great car and plenty of fun on back roads ;) but you won't be blowing the doors off of anyone.

I'm still trying to figure out where you live that an 80k legacy is $19000. And that said if you want a cheaper car as stated up top don't buy a legacy. Buy a used wrx. They are everywhere and cheaper.

Seriously, I will sell you mine with 70K babied miles for $16,000... they are like $10,000 around here with 100K+.

Seriously, I will sell you mine with 70K babied miles for $16,000... they are like $10,000 around here with 100K+.

What year are you talking? My GF is looking for an 08-09 with anywhere from 40-60k on it and there's hardly anything in the NH area as of last fall.

All we found were 2 WRXs over a 6 week period which were $23kish with 35-45k mileage.

I know higher mileage cars are cheaper but there were even any options for high mileage. You talking a private sale?

The dealers around here make turbos sound rare. Christ the whole sales team came out when I pulled up in my Spec.B.

"Aftermarket support" is a general sort of term there. The 2.5i has all the suspension, bushings, and most of the exhaust options of the Legacy GT, plus intake and tuning via opensource. It doesn't have much aftermarket support for power because, well, you'd spend almost as much money getting 20whp via n/a upgrades (cams, pulleys, etc) as you'd get just putting on the turbo kit and getting 70-110whp.

If you ignore the turbo upgrades and all the parts related to it (intercooling, up/downpipe), the amount of aftermarket support is probably the same between the two models.

Regards,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

http://www.facebook.com/avoturboworld

Thanks everyone for your posts. I think I muddied up the whole thread by mentioning the power upgrades. I know that if I want power I should get a turbo thats not really what the thread was about. It was about the company xcceleration.com if anyone has used them or heard of them, are they reliable.

They do have some things that some others don't(the kits for turbo/superchargers) that was just as an example, not the issue.

Cobb when I first heard of them(back in early 2000's) was primarily Subaru parts(I didnt even research if they did other cars back then, it was before accessport was popular). So I was wondering if anyones heard of the xccelleration.com people and if anyone had experience with them. Their website comes off as a little cheesy and cheap but they have alot of informational stuff and only offer products for subarus. Just wanted to get some info if they are a good/reliable company.

TO answer your question: no, I have never heard of xxxxcelleration dot com on my near-daily use of this site over 7 years.

Use some of the paying vendors here to switch up your 2.5i and get it better suspension, exhaust, cosmetic mods, etc etc.

Oh and to where I am, I am in the Cincinnati area and was doing mostly cars.com and auto trader searches for less than 50 miles. Was also specifying leather and an automatic( I suck at downshifting for turns and dont really care to learn). :)

I have found a 2.5i for about 15 that has everything I want but its nearly 100 miles away. So the pricing wasn't for ANY lgt but ones with the interior I want and preferably under 75k miles.

I took a look at their "turbo kit" for n/a's.

Looks to be this kit:

http://www.turbospecialties-race.com/engine-wt25-turbo-p-98.html

Which in the end, is just a generic ebay turbokit they are reselling.

Note: Fabrication will be required for correct fitment, for each Subaru model. Turbocharger Kits should be installed by professionals. Normal installation depending on the vehicle takes around 30 hours, but depends on the amount of fabrication for your car. Extra modifications should include upgrading your fuel system and run premium fuel. For safest fuel delivery, you must upgrade your injectors. All orders are considered 'Special Order' and are paid in full at time of order via wire transfer. All pricing must be verified the day of quote, again at time of order, again at time of shipping and will be adjusted based on the value of the Dollar Internationally. Any deficiency is immediately due upon billing and before delivery. Patience is requested. Each Kit is made to order and requires a lead time of about 4 weeks. Contact us for product information.

I think you could say that they are offering parts other companies don't for the 2.5i because they are simply offering anything that shows up on ebay or internationally and not actually checking to see if they fit.

Regards,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

http://www.facebook.com/avoturboworld

Archived