LegacyGT.com

joel's eg33 legacy build

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure on what all ill do right now. I really would like to get the turbo on but I dot have the stand alone yet. Haven't gotten to pull the engine part yet today so no real updates yet.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

Got the rigt side head off. That's the one I thought was leaking. Didn't get to check the warpage yet. Can't see any signs of leakage so I'm pulling the left head tomorrow. I only get to work on it for about an hour each day. Will keep you all informed on how it goes. But one thing is for sure, some super stuff is gonna go back in. ;)

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Sorry looooooong time since I've been on here. I m using the 3.3 for another build that I'll talk about later. In the mean time I am building a turbo 4 cyl for the legacy version 3. It will be a lot more in the direction I want it to go as its gonna see a lot more rally time. But with all the house work and other things going on, it's been a slow process.

• 1 year later...

Dang Joel! It's been a long time since you poked your head around here.

Keep us updated with the build.

Damn that is going to be a badass motor! I keep hearing on here that 2stage turbos are a waste of time to do.

I was more referring to the JDM GT-B twin turbo which is a waste of time, lol. Not all twin turbo setups suck though. Not an easy build to do by any means.

Yeah. Life got has got in the way. New job, constant travel, baby, all kinds of stuff. But I'm finally back on track to start building the car again. So I figured if I was gonna do it, old do it right.

And I couldn't get on the forums until I got the motivation to start working again, or else I probably would have blown all my money that I had to use for my house.

Do it. You wont regret it. The only thing I would change is doing the ez30 instead. More expensive initially but it is a whole lot better to do with everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Do it. You wont regret it. The only thing I would change is doing the ez30 instead. More expensive initially but it is a whole lot better to do with everything else.

im gonna do it. started my build list, then realized i needed to make a "gotta finish first" list. im going EZ30 tho.

This thread has been going for 3 or 4 years now LOL. How close are you to being finished?

This has sat shelved for two years simply because of other things in life. But I am going back to the beginning with a complete new build. I will start a new thread soon as I have enough material to do so.

Archived