LegacyGT.com

joel's eg33 legacy build

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In car sound I do like very much. It has a european sports car sound. And forgive the sweaty look, I'm on my way home from the gym.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxi7HZ-vtFc&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Eg33 legacy in car - YouTube[/ame]

I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

Yup. I definitely like the way the car sounds. The raspy bit could probably be deleted with a small resonator. Then again, you mentioned it getting redone some time soon.
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

No iron. Brazilian jiu jitsu class. And the beard does get out of hand.

And no dylan, I dont really have too harsh of dipping under braking. I have wrx struts that were practically brand new when I got them. I do plan on coils and wrx 4pors up front w/ either h6's or two pots out back.

Does anyone know off hand of the 4 pots are cleared by wrx 16" wheels? I've gotten mixed info on this and can't seem to sort it out. I still want 16" for winter and rally-x's.

The 4-pots need 17"+ wheels for clearance as well as a slightly lower offset than the 2-pot wheels. Like 5 more mm or so, IIRC. The STi Brembo 4-pots I have only miss the inside of my 18" wheel by about 10mm...

primitive will hook you up with a full conversion kit to 4 pots for 1600. Everything being new including the calipers.

Thats what I would do. Oh and +1 to needing the 17s to fit. Pick yourself up some 2011 wrx wheels. Those actually look good in person and no one seems to want them. They go for like 400 on nasioc.

May I see the front brakes? I'm really interested in the front brake upgrade on my GT since I've already done the rear upgrade.

I don't have any pictures of the brakes on the car. I only test fitted and removed them to make sure they'd all work with my wheels. I'll be putting them on permanently in the next week or so though.

As much as I would like Brembos they would be more than I paid for my L! Ha ha.

IIRC, I only spent about $1300 or so for the full brake kit. Not too shabby.

I don't have any pictures of the brakes on the car. I only test fitted and removed them to make sure they'd all work with my wheels. I'll be putting them on permanently in the next week or so though.

IIRC, I only spent about $1300 or so for the full brake kit. Not too shabby.

That's still a couple hundred more than I paid for the L, lol. But it's looking good for an old beater now! :cool:

So I did a total if what I have in the car. (I should probably edit the first post w/ this info)

98 legacy gt $2500

94 svx $400

Engine rebuild parts $300

Clutch $180

Electric fans $120

Misc $50

So for around 3600 bucks this car is awesome. It could have been done cheaper and I'm sure just as reliable but I didn't want to have to worry about anything in the future. If you could find a cheap impreza or legacy and have some patience, this could all be done realistically for around 2k. And that is cheap performance. Way cheaper than any wrx or turbo conversion and a lot simpler. If anyone would like for me to do their swap or wiring or needs help in the future, I'll be here.

I must say that I'm so very tempted to do this. The old EJ22 has seen better days I'd like to rebuild it on my own terms instead of when it blows up and I have to fix it under the gun. Especially because I can get the 2.2 and the 3.3 for the same price here in PA.

I just may be getting a hold of you one of these.

• 2 weeks later...

Some sneak previews of what I got today.

http://img.tapatalk.com/a6937991-fbe7-e205.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/a6937991-fbf3-f2d2.jpg

Archived