LegacyGT.com

joel's eg33 legacy build

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope! You shouldn't have a problem selling it to someone local. That's what I'm doing with my scooped hood.
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

At the very beginning, yes that was a pieced together set up for a 25. Some spectre parts and a 3" price of exhaust pipe. It was about $40 in parts. I hated the hooting sound of the stock air box.

And as far as modification, not a lot at all. I'm confident that I could do the whole swap (engine ready to drop in and harness laid out) in a day. From start to finish in less than a week easy. This isn't anything I can really think of to give you an analogy on how easy/difficult it was. If you have a bit of mechanical knowledge and patience, this is a very simple and best bang for the buck upgrade I have ever seen.

I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

How much modification did it take to drop that engine in??

About 4 months worth of welding. He dremelled the whole front of the SVX off and re welded it to the front of his leggy.

Then he had to have a witch doctor of the Rubasu tribe transfer the car souls with a ceremony which involved soaking himself in Subaru gear oil and using JDM (Japanese Deluxe Magic) paraphernalia.

Just woke up feeling sarcastic, so I let some steam off. I don't think it was much, if I remember correctly.

im no pioneer. w/o the work of other people, it would have taken me a lot longer and i probably would have never thought of this in first place. i just hope others can benefit from this thread.

I'm not sure but from all that are in the know (svx people) the obd 2 system is a nightmare.

Not sure I can get away with going OBD1 and the fact that OBD1 is a pain from what I have noticed.

Was planning on going this route but wiring nightmares and I do not mix.

Not sure I can get away with going OBD1 and the fact that OBD1 is a pain from what I have noticed.

Was planning on going this route but wiring nightmares and I do not mix.

register your car in the boonies somewhere lol

The one thing I hate about Oregon is the emissions BS. It seems like very other state besides Cali has an easy way around the test.:mad:

The wiring is a piece of cake. From what I understand, the obd2 Ecu killed the eg33. It was severely detuned. And Subaru knew that the svx was being phased out so they didnt put a ton of r&d into making it obd 2 compliant and still be the performance oriented car it was. With the success of the impreza and the new ej25d, the svx and h6 were to be trashed and moved on from. Really is a shame because these engines are awesome.

I have ridden in an EG33 swapped legacy. It's a rocket with a 5 speed behind it.

I just don't think I can pass DEQ and time to find a place in the boonies and gas to drive to them is a pain. I really wanted to do this but I am also concerned on downtime. I can do a frakenmotor in a day. I have swapped at least a dozen motors now with their factory motors however. No actual "swaps" so I should say I have replaced motors.

Sound likes a hell of a good time though. Hate debating

Archived