LegacyGT.com

**OFFICIAL** Mid-Atlantic post whoring thread

mr.hicksta

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dont I still need to re-wax the area you got gas on? :lol:

Meh...it'll survive. I done a bad thing the last couple times, I ran it through an auto-wash :( (NOT SOMETHING I WOULD NORMALLY DO! But...it's pretty much stock) I just wanted the salt gone. Rusted parts > swirly paint

• Moderators
^ Looking for the same thing for my S-I-L in the Alexandria, VA, Metro DC, area.

Send here to me for little stuff if you want, I'm over in Springfield--fluids, belts, etc. are obviously easy. Brakes, headlight changes, stuff like that. Get into the bigger jobs and I'm usually learning as I go so I like to do that on my own car.

Merv's in Springfield is a great little shop in general, although not sure about their overall level of subaru experience. They are the type of shop though that will quote you a price, end up doing more work than expected, and charge you less. Good people.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
Not in the area, but have the tools/know-how... helpful, I know.

:lol: I could also just buy a compression tester I guess. It's basically just pull the fuse with the car running, then remove one plug at a time, attached tester, crank motor 4-5 times, read pressure...? Repeat three times will praying / cursing...?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• I Donated
:lol: I could also just buy a compression tester I guess. It's basically just pull the fuse with the car running, then remove one plug at a time, attached tester, crank motor 4-5 times, read pressure...? Repeat three times will praying / cursing...?

AutoZone has compression testers in their loan-a-tool program. Remove all the plugs and open the throttle before you crank the engine for the compression test.

• I Donated
Thanks. Remove all four plugs at the same time? And I think I knew that part but thanks for the reminder about the throttle--you just hold down the gas pedal while you crank the engine right?

Yeah, remove all plugs, then put the compression tester into each plug hole, in turn. Holding down the gas pedal should work, I think.

Archived