LegacyGT.com

Help i ruined my dodge durango with fish sauce!

Its a front seat, floormat and carpet. The floormat and seat were soaked the worst. The floormat was like a puddle and has become our "TEST VICTIM" for cleaning/de-scenting. BTW, its an expensive power, leather/suede embroidered seat :lol: Expensive even from a yard. Steamcleaning helped but did not get rid of it all the way.

Just so you know, comparing this to spilled milk is like comparing a sneeze to terminal cancer.

I am now judiciously adding bacteria that eat oil and enzymes that eat organic material.

I know what that stuff is, my grandma was cooking something with it just this morning and I woke up and thought wtf is that smell...?

The extractor will cure your carpets, your seats...... good luck. The foam will be a bitch to clean.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LALGT?

http://www.aginggal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/chef-and-fish.jpg

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

This morning I took it to the bottom of the hill to get the electrical fixed in the driver side door so the window could roll down. The guy at the shop said "Damn man, what the hell happened to your car, it smells bad!" I told him the story and that I was trying to clean it and he said... "Can you bring it back when its clean?"

:lol::lol::lol:OMFG :lol::lol::lol: "Seriously?" "Yeah man, that smells REALLY bad..."

Even I am starting to think this is funny.

Okay, so the steam clean (extractor?) did a pretty good job on the spot clean but it definately still smells. Its driveable but wow... I would still describe it as ruined.

The Natures Miracle did actually make a difference but did not get rid of the smell either. I went to the Los Angeles Pet Expo this weekend and talked with some odor eliminator guys who suggested a product called GOT PEE? Its similar to Natures Miracle but also has bacteria that eats oils in addition of enzymes. After testing it in various strengths (it is concentrated and 30x stronger than Natures Miracle) I have found that it does not seem to dramatically effect the appearance of my interior at 50% mix, 50% concentrate (or about 20x stronger than I am supposed to mix it).

I have lightly misted the ENTIRE inside of the vehicle (yes even the headliner and under the seats) in an effort to cleanse the smell. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

So far... $220 spent. If the GOT PEE? and steam clean doesnt do it, I'm calling insurance.

May have been mentioned already but I'm too lazy to read three pages about stinky fish smell. I work at an auto detail shop and we've used one of these with some success. Not sure how it would work with your super stinky problem though.

Rid Odor Pro

i spent $10... those scented stones are STRONG AS SH1t!!!!

Trying to overpower, overpowering smells with something that smells overpowering makes about as much sense as screwing the guy your girlfriend is cheaing on you with, to teach her a lesson. :lol:

This is about ELEVENTY-BILLION times stronger than "SH1t!!!!".

I work at an auto detail shop and we've used one of these with some success. Not sure how it would work with your super stinky problem though. Rid Odor Pro

That appears to be a link for an applicator not a product to apply. Do you guys use the rid-odor liquids? Are you suggesting the Fresh-Room Pro or the Rid-Odor Pro?:confused: Appreciate the input!

Trying to overpower, overpowering smells with something that smells overpowering makes about as much sense as screwing the guy your girlfriend is cheaing on you with, to teach her a lesson. :lol:

This is about ELEVENTY-BILLION times stronger than "SH1t!!!!".

That appears to be a link for an applicator not a product to apply. Do you guys use the rid-odor liquids? Are you suggesting the Fresh-Room Pro or the Rid-Odor Pro?:confused: Appreciate the input!

it worked... just saying.

The enzyme/bacteria of GOTPEE saved my Durango. It actually smells fine now. I will be posting a product reiew of GOTPEE. Its seriously an astounding product. It literally EATS smells and the things that cause them and is about 30 times more concentrated than NaturesMiracle.

The enzyme/bacteria of GOTPEE saved my Durango. It actually smells fine now. I will be posting a product reiew of GOTPEE. Its seriously an astounding product. It literally EATS smells and the things that cause them and is about 30 times more concentrated than NaturesMiracle.

Good to hear! And good to know about Got Pee. I guess I was on the right track with the Nature's Miracle recommendation, but it just wasn't strong enough.

Cool, glad to hear. Keep us posted after a few weeks if it keeps the smells gone.

BTW, do they make GOTBMX? :lol:

My wife's balls are delicious.

http://www.gotpee.net/

After talking to them the trick was to test a spot at high conentration for colorfastness and then apply it at very strong amounts THEN cover the most affected material to keep it wet. I did it at night, unbagged and uncovered in the morning. Not only no fish, no mildew smell. Left the windows (2 of them anyhow) down and it was dry by noon. I had also misted EERYTHING in the car. Even the headliner.

Likely would not have worked without steam cleaning first.

Am I the only one who read that as 'GOATPEE'?

Glad to hear you resolved this Max, without resorting to selling the truck to a Thai / Vietnamese / Cambodian / Lao family. ;)

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I couldn't afford to honestly.

Mods to date:

Bilstein HD setup, new bushings all around, Moog balljoints, Moog tirerods, Moog everything, complete custom heavy duty tranny built for towing, intake mani pnp, tranny cooler, airbags, extra box welded frame in rear end, lsd differential, WILWOOD BBK, DBA 4x4 survival series slotted rotors, aftermarket headlights, taillights, etc, etc, etc...

The parts in that truck are worth a lot more than the truck.

• 1 month later...
Dayam son... that's got me gagging just imaging how that must smell in the SoCal heat. Sorry to hear and hope it works out.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I couldn't afford to honestly.

Mods to date:

Bilstein HD setup, new bushings all around, Moog balljoints, Moog tirerods, Moog everything, complete custom heavy duty tranny built for towing, intake mani pnp, tranny cooler, airbags, extra box welded frame in rear end, lsd differential, WILWOOD BBK, DBA 4x4 survival series slotted rotors, aftermarket headlights, taillights, etc, etc, etc...

The parts in that truck are worth a lot more than the truck.

You forgot "2 gallons of got pee?".

It is still ugly.

Archived