LegacyGT.com

Girlfriend won't let me get a wagon :(

SCHM1AN

Haha, despite having a sedan I kinda have an odd attraction to wagons and hatchbacks which my gf dismisses (along with my love of Phil Collins).

I get similar remarks by her (she hates "bubble cars" and wagons), but ultimately understands that it's my decision since I'll be the one driving the car and we don't have a family to lug around.

By that same agreement, she's going to buy whatever she wants to buy (which oddly enough is a Honda Fit, which I would consider similar enough to a "bubble car" that she dislikes to think that she wouldn't want, but understanding women is a whole different thread/forum/internet).

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, despite having a sedan I kinda have an odd attraction to wagons and hatchbacks which my gf dismisses (along with my love of Phil Collins).

I get similar remarks by her (she hates "bubble cars" and wagons), but ultimately understands that it's my decision since I'll be the one driving the car and we don't have a family to lug around.

By that same agreement, she's going to buy whatever she wants to buy (which oddly enough is a Honda Fit, which I would consider similar enough to a "bubble car" that she dislikes to think that she wouldn't want, but understanding women is a whole different thread/forum/internet).

^^^This.

It's a slow day at work, so here's my boring story: we're at the grocery store last night and as we're walking in, a Volvo V70R drives past and I say to her something to the tune of "wow, that's a nice car." She replies with "ewww you like station wagons? They're ugly (She drives an 02 Impreza Outback) and such.... dad cars." We bickered back and forth until I finally said "ok, what car CAN I drive?" She said a sedan, a pickup, or an SUV (yuck). At least she didn't say a minivan.

Well, there goes my dream of owning a sweet, sweet wagon. Hopefully the GR STIs aren't too wagoney for her. I know that when we're married (dated for 4-1/2 years and getting engaged this summer!) I'll just buy what I want anyway, but I felt like complaining to the internetz

Thoughts, comments, concerns? Post below.

Did I miss something here? You're not married so do whatever you want. If she can't deal with that, get rid of her.

Lol, Phil Collins. You are a brave man.:lol:

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

That's what's wrong with men these days, bunch of pansies. You tell her you're getting a damn wagon if you want to!! Why the heck would someone else tell me what to drive?

How old are you and how old is your girlfriend?

That's what's wrong with men these days, bunch of pansies. You tell her you're getting a damn wagon if you want to!! Why the heck would someone else tell me what to drive?

How old are you and how old is your girlfriend?

That's a good start, I would only add this:

"and then tell her to get the hell back into the kitchen and make you a sandwich, and then after she is done making the sandwich, tell her to give you a BJ while you are eating it. Then go buy the Wagon and seal the deal."

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

We're both 23 and both have full time jobs. I'm an engineer, she's a teacher. I plan on asking her, not being told.

You'll have to forgive the quality. Blackberries take some pretty awful pics. That's not the final ring, but that's a similar one that was in the store. Same design and carat weight. Her ring will be platinum with 3-pointers half-way down each side and the main stone is 3/4 carat, SI1 or SI2, D-E-or-F color. Haven't worked out the details with the jeweler. She doesn't want a huge diamond, but I just want it to sparkle. I'm working with a local jeweler who's giving me a helluva discount. The entire thing for $3000.

Anything else I can help you fine gents with today?

IMG-20120323-00096.jpg.8b6e03940d379f86c5a41157906b0971.jpg

Sounds like you're the one in the relationship making the big bucks or will in the future once you get more real-world experience.. Get the wagon ;) Good luck with the engagement! I want the CTS-V.

LosAngelesLGT, do you not have a racecar because the girlfriend said no, or because you are spending all your money on the girlfriend? I'm not trying to invoke anything, just curious

Ive got no girlfriend because the wife said no.:mad:

Ive got no money because I spend it all on the "racecar".:spin:

I've got a wife and a "racecar" because its a cheaper hobby than a wife and strippers and less likely to cause divorce. :redface:

Sad, but true!

Ive got no girlfriend because the wife said no.:mad:

Ive got no money because I spend it all on the "racecar".:spin:

I've got a wife and a "racecar" because its a cheaper hobby than a wife and strippers and less likely to cause divorce. :redface:

Sad, but true!

I think he was asking why no racecar based on your avatar, but from your reply, you have one.

lets see picture of the women who will be wearing that ring.

i dont really blame here for hating wagons. i didint like wagons either when i was young but after going on few trips a year i wish ive gotten a forester, wrx wagon, or lgt wagon.

Dump the girlfriend and get yourself one of these Volvo wagons.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BjI1lG2q4A]Ferrari 458 vs Volvo Amazon '67 "Vöcks" exteriour race and in detail - YouTube[/ame]

Get the wagon, then buy some guns too just for good measure cause most women are against those too. Then tell her to get her bitch ass back in the kitchen and get back to making you dinner. Also inform her that since she is a teacher, she should appreciate this lesson in humility and obedience you are giving her by doing what you want and having her do what you want. You make the $$$ you make the rules.

If she can't handle this, then she needs to hit the road and become a lesbian.

In general women treat cars like just another home appliance. Color and shape is the only spec they care for. If you want to drive a home appliance that your girlfriend likes than go knock yourself out but first go knock on your neighbor's door and ask him to slap you in the face real good ...maybe that will help you make a decission.

If she is like that generic woman I have described she has no say whatsoever. If she is a car enthusiast and she doesn't understand your desire to get certain type of car then you have to start worring dude.

Archived