LegacyGT.com

Quirks about the Legacy that you don't like.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to say that the seatbell ding and the dual climate control is odd, and that isn't typical Japanese per se. With Honda and Toyota products, turning off the dual mode allows the driver side to control all of the temperature and automatically uses the driver side as the default temperature when dual is turned off.

Please tell me they dont have those chimes when yr seatbelt or lights are left on? If they do, there is a good side I suppose, removing all the wiring and speakers...... there goes another 2kilos of weight......

yeah, if you don't put your seatbelt on the damn chimes keep going off every little while--thanks to our increasing nanny society. I suppose it might keep me from getting another seatbelt ticket, but as a libertarian type of course I am hugely resentful by nature of the whole thing...

[quote name='MtnSub']Okay ninjapimp, the question I posed (“is speed and low price all Leg GT has over BMW/Audi/VW?”) was a bit harsh. Unless I have not looked close enough at the new Leg GT/Ltd, I have a hard time saying that it is not in the same quality range as Audi/VW. I have owned two Audi’s, one very recently (A6 Quattro lux pack) and it had all sorts of interior failures and mechanical problems. [/quote] Wait a minute, I never said there weren't any quality issues w/VW and Audi. I specifically even mentioned that the build quality is worse! :|

Re: the seat belt chimes (which can be painfully annoying if you are working on your car in the driveway or unbuckle your belt while idling for whatever reason), the good news is that it is fixable. yay! As indicated in the owner's manual, the dealer can change the programming and turn it off. I asked my dealer to do it but they did not have the update from Subaru yet. Tom

Curious, but does the A/C cause the engine hesitation that I am used to feeling in the WRX when the compressor turns on and off? My WRX has begun 'squeaking' when the compressor goes on and off, and it's rather annoying (mostly something to do with the belt, I assume). I hope that the larger engine takes care of this issue, othewise, don't know what I will do? Any info. is all good, i.

[quote name='WRXTom']Re: the seat belt chimes (which can be painfully annoying if you are working on your car in the driveway or unbuckle your belt while idling for whatever reason), the good news is that it is fixable. yay! As indicated in the owner's manual, the dealer can change the programming and turn it off. I asked my dealer to do it but they did not have the update from Subaru yet. Tom[/quote] That's great news!

I've found that if I'm just sitting in the car with it not moving and the key is in, I'll take the passenger seatbelt and make it reach and plug it into the driver buckle. This tricks the computer and I don't have to listen to that annoying chiming. And I can still move around to grab stuff if I have to.

Does anyone have overhead storage compartments on any of their Leggys? A 4-page "Specifications" mini-brochure for the Canadian model indicates that overhead storage is standard for the 2.5i and GT non-limited, but the non-ltd GT that I took delivery on today definitely doesn't have it. It's referenced in the owners' manual as something that may be installed, though. Is it an accessory??? :?

[quote name='Deer Killer']Does the chime do anything else? You could just unplug it :)[/quote] I think its also the 'you left your key in the ignition' warning, remove at your own risk ...

[quote name='inthedeck']Curious, but does the A/C cause the engine hesitation that I am used to feeling in the WRX when the compressor turns on and off? My WRX has begun 'squeaking' when the compressor goes on and off, and it's rather annoying (mostly something to do with the belt, I assume). I hope that the larger engine takes care of this issue, othewise, don't know what I will do? Any info. is all good, i.[/quote] I don't think so. You know, I think the engine is really smooth, and I just realized that I've always had my A/C on the entire life of the car. That automatic climate control is too complicated to use without looking so I just let it do its thing, I wonder how much better it would perform if I turn the A/C off ...

Nice sidestep by yr current Subaru Dealer WRXTom, its a bit like when I asked them about the XBox setup if they could change it around so it was like the WRC set up. The standard response, we could but waiting for the update for Subaru, yeah OK, WHATEVA! Inthedeck, regarding the noise, its just the belts slipping and it only seems to happen when the car has been sitting in the sun for a period of time. After a few turns of the compressor, the belt doesnt seem to slip anymore. If u r unsure, get yr local Scooby dealer to check it out.

ok, believe it or not in 800 miles or so last night was the first time I drove my car at night, and I now have several more nitpicks... -the cool looking gauges during the day are sort of too bright and glary at night--yes, you could turn down the illumination, but that turns down the illumination of everythign else as well -they didn't blend all the different lights--you get red for most things, that whitish color for stereo and temp/mileage etc readouts, and then the differing main gauges. If you're going to copy VW (which is a great idea because the red/blue on them is great) just DO it and notice how they all integrate as far as the headlights...I'm still trying to decide if they are as good as they were on my wrx. I don't really think the foglights are. Can't decide on the lows, the highs are probably better. Very wide anyway, and possibly a little brighter. The lows seem to still shoot pretty high--I got flashed (not in a good way) by several people.

[quote name='scubie02']ok, believe it or not in 800 miles or so last night was the first time I drove my car at night, and I now have several more nitpicks... -the cool looking gauges during the day are sort of too bright and glary at night--yes, you could turn down the illumination, but that turns down the illumination of everythign else as well -they didn't blend all the different lights--you get red for most things, that whitish color for stereo and temp/mileage etc readouts, and then the differing main gauges. If you're going to copy VW (which is a great idea because the red/blue on them is great) just DO it and notice how they all integrate as far as the headlights...I'm still trying to decide if they are as good as they were on my wrx. I don't really think the foglights are. Can't decide on the lows, the highs are probably better. Very wide anyway, and possibly a little brighter. The lows seem to still shoot pretty high--I got flashed (not in a good way) by several people.[/quote] Interesting about the gauge illumination brightness. Too bad you can't adjust just the gauges, and not the center stack lights. On most cars it wouldn't be an issue, but these new EL gauges are all light, no guage face, perhaps it needs independent dimming adjustment. All the pics I have seen show huge amounts of glare off the top inside of the instrument binnacle, so I can imagine that they are quite bright. As for the headlights and foglights... If I were getting flashed, I'd check the headlight aim. No gaurantees that they were aimed just right from the factory. I would hope so, but not count on it. Pics on this forum have shown that the H7 lows have a good cutoff, so oncoming people shouldn't be blinded. A couple of other folks have mentioned vertical adjustment on the fogs, too. they may be pointed down too far.

[quote name='scubie02']ok, believe it or not in 800 miles or so last night was the first time I drove my car at night, and I now have several more nitpicks... -the cool looking gauges during the day are sort of too bright and glary at night--yes, you could turn down the illumination, but that turns down the illumination of everythign else as well -they didn't blend all the different lights--you get red for most things, that whitish color for stereo and temp/mileage etc readouts, and then the differing main gauges. If you're going to copy VW (which is a great idea because the red/blue on them is great) just DO it and notice how they all integrate as far as the headlights...I'm still trying to decide if they are as good as they were on my wrx. I don't really think the foglights are. Can't decide on the lows, the highs are probably better. Very wide anyway, and possibly a little brighter. The lows seem to still shoot pretty high--I got flashed (not in a good way) by several people.[/quote] Have your lights adjusted. The GT's headlights are so much better than the stock WRX lights, it's kind of unsettling. You should be getting a wide, long blanket of white light. If people are flashing you, they were set too high and should be adjusted. The Legacy's lights are better than my Prodrive (H7 projectors, Hella optics, VisionPlus bulbs) setup was on my WRX, and that setup obliterated the stock 9007 WRX setup. :lol: I turn down the illumination at night, and still see everything fine. I rather like the subtle reddish glow. Kevin

Archived