LegacyGT.com

Quirks about the Legacy that you don't like.

For all you seatbelt chime is annoying people, I know in the new wrx if you turn the ignition to on and don't start the car then buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 20 times in 30 seconds you no longer have to listen to the the dirty little [EMAIL="b*&@%"]b*&@%[/EMAIL]#@. I know it sounds funny, but it works on the wrx so you might want to give it a whirl.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='adam_m_mcinerney']For all you seatbelt chime is annoying people, I know in the new wrx if you turn the ignition to on and don't start the car then buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 20 times in 30 seconds you no longer have to listen to the the dirty little b*&@%#@. I know it sounds funny, but it works on the wrx so you might want to give it a whirl.[/quote] It's the same in the Legacy, and has definately been figured out in the past 2 years (look at last post date) :lol:

[quote name='TravisS']It's the same in the Legacy, and has definately been figured out in the past 2 years (look at last post date) :lol:[/QUOTE] LO :D Yeah I did mine last year and its been off since. I get 2 or 3 chimes and thats it. I can sit in the parked car with my belt unbuckled without losing my mind! Also the harness for the rear cargo power outlet on the Legacy wagon is there, you can buy the outlet and install it yourself easily. Do a search.

[quote name='fattyfox']No rear fog-light (can I install one?) -cheers, fattyfox[/quote] Yes, I am doing group-buy on EDM rear fog lamps: [url]http://legacygt.com/forums/group-buy-forum/37243-gb-edm-lhd-wagon.html[/url]

006 LGT AUTO. The only fault with the lgt and my previous car, an 05 wrx is the same. You cant have the drivers seat all the way back [U]and[/U] all the way up. As when you put it up it goes foreward as well. I cant imagine why anyone would design such an idiotic seat. Perhaps it's because most Japanese are shorter than North Americans?.

[quote name='jim1969']Needs telescopic steering wheel. I have long legs and it's tough to get to a comfortable position. Either my arms are streched and can't rest on the door or my legs are way bent. Also, I know I'm only in the break in period but 15.9 mpg on premium sucks.[/quote] +1 + 1 Snap brother

[quote name='scubie02']Not mine, it had just come in. I had already driven an auto and was just looking for a stick and got lucky. Personally I think the "you have to be so careful for breakin" thing is a myth anyway. It was actually the head mechanic at a dealership that said drive em like hell when you first get it, as it "sets" the pistons properly or whatever and if something [I]does[/I] go wrong it'll go right away and its still under warranty. I drove my mustang back in the day hard right from the get go, and last I knew it had over 300k miles on it. I drove my wrx pretty hard too w/ no seeming ill effects. I've been a more careful with my GT, but its probably good to run it up near redline a few times for short periods. Just one opinion though. Guess I got a good one--I've been averaging mid 25's for mileage, and have gone over 26 on brief highway stints.[/quote] Since the bad old days ie prior to 1970 breakin was critical but with machining tolerances being increased and better oils the rule is "don't over-rev or labor motor" and all is sweetness and light. I breakin on the fast side of normal driving and have never had a problem.

[quote name='fattyfox'] Missing 12V outlet in cargo area (Outback-only feature) [COLOR=Blue] See your parts dealer with a few $ in hand, it's easily added. [/COLOR] Missing one-touch windows up/down (moonroof too) [COLOR=Blue]Looks like we're both in line to be Directed Electronic's 530T customers. [/COLOR] Separate key and fob [COLOR=Blue]The switchblade key from Audi is killer isn't it?[/COLOR] :icon_mrgr No rear fog-light (can I install one?) [COLOR=Blue] There might, Might be a Group buy in the near future. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.[/COLOR] Question: When I'm in SportShift, is there any way of letting it go automatic, without shifting out of SportShift, and then back in again? If not, then add it to the list. [COLOR=Blue] My technique has been to 'bump' the shifter to the right with the palm of my hand - slightly. It's usually just enough to break contact and put it back into Sport mode. (Might have my terms mixed up) It Would be nice if these small niggling complaints had been answered at the factory though...wouldn't it? [/COLOR] -cheers, fattyfox[/quote]

Archived