LegacyGT.com

Things that would make the LGT better...

...without really adding to the cost. Maybe some of it is and nobody is telling, if so feel free to educate me.

1)AUX input connector on the back of the head unit. Total cost by the time it reached the end user would be about $1 if someone actually planned ahead. Absence of this feature is just mind-bendingly stupid.

2)Ditch the binary thermostat. Even my 1970s era cheapie bi-metal wall thermostat at home knows that you don't go from spewing out AC to full on heat with a one degree difference. I can adjust things so that the AC doesn't go on if I don't want it, doing the same for heat in the middle of summer should be a no brainer. This one is probably going to grate on me the most over time as there is really no fix or workaround for this. Making it do the right thing would probably save a little on gas too as I find myself turning down the temp more and more to keep the blasting heat away.

3)configurable lock behavior. I like it when cars lock the doors when you go over 15 MPH. It saves having to argue with people who can't grasp (or get upset due to the fact) that you are going to lock their doors if they don't. It'd be nice to have it on the LGT. Another feature I saw while shopping for cars was the ability to have turning the ignition to off unlock your doors. I'd like that too. These are personal preference things, but other makes and models allow you to visit the dealer to get the behavior changed amongst the available options, and it'd be nice to do the same on the LGT.

4)different tires. Bridgestone makes much more capable tires. I'm sure a similar price could be negotiated on ones that suck less in the rain and snow. Read the magazine reviews, web forums, and reviews at tirerack and their ilk. It's not a good thing.

5)Key fob passenger side unlocking. It's a bit much of a delay to ahve it work right. It'd be nice to be able to have the dealer tweak it to your taste within reason.

6)key fob trunk opening. You have to hold that button down for a while. Would also be nice if that were tweakable within reason.

7) taupe from the a-pillars on up.. what the hell were they thinking. It shows dirt liek nobody's business, and by dirt I mean NJ air. Which means it either gets gungy or leaves you at the mercy of the binary climate control. The rest of the interior is mostly black, why not stick with the theme?

A better carpet hook.

A non warped side mirror.

Just to comment on some of the other things mentioned... I don't mind that the doors don't automatically lock. In fact, I love that they don't. If I get into an accident then I would like for my door to open when rescuers get to me. I don't want them to have to smash the window to get to the door lock and add more possible injury.

I also don't know that not having an auto down function for the passenger side is such a big deal. I've never had an auto passenger window button on the driver console. That is considering my Mustang, Integra, both Accords, and 4 Runner. None of them did it and its not something I really ever wish I had. What would you use it for? Just curious.

Everything else is pretty good. Nice list. I don't know that its going to do any good to make this list, but it might be something nice to forward on to Subaru or someone else who has a loud enough voice to make them listen.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

well my intent was mainly things that could have been done better without really altering the bottom line on the car dollar wise. Granted the lock stuff makes some assumptions about how the logic for them is done, but mostly it's algorithms and a little human engineering with the exception of the tires. Even on them, there are equivalent cost options from bridgestone that have better dry and wet performance, but suck in the snow. Since both MT and AT LGTs can start in 2nd, I would have counted the beans in that direction.

Only thing I forgot to put on the list is to have the windows work for 30 seconds past turning off the ignition. That too makes some assumptions about the way the vehicle is wired.

Overall I like the car a lot.

OH yeah, turning off the beep on the alarm cuts down on the delay for getting the other doors unlocked. It's only by a little, but it feels more natural.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Intergrated ball massager for the drivers' seat- I can't do that, steer and shift all at the same time.

Hood Scoop Cover as standard equipment. $$$

Exhaust with more rumble.

Better stock tires..nuff said.

Better brake pad material.

Most asthetically pleasing brake calipers. $

HUD Display, since the exhaust is so quiet. $$$$

18'' wheels stock to fill that horrid wheel gap. $$$$

Up/Down tilt on the front for cloth seats, at least the driver. $$

$ = 50 dollah dealer sucky sucky

I keed I keeed

Some of that functionality is already possible however:

1. Can't do it without a Suabru Select Monitor

2. The stealerships are full of idiots who know nothing about what this tool can do.

which parts? Because I'd be willing to try and educate my local subie dealers.

Guest *Jedimaster*
which parts? Because I'd be willing to try and educate my local subie dealers.

Can't do the factory "alarm" without the Subaru Select thingy. Even with it, most dealers can't seem to make it work right.

Archived