LegacyGT.com

Triple blink turn signals

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you get the turn signals to work? I assume yes.

The mirrors? I found a source for the signal power. I'm still looking for LHD mirror glass. I may end up getting custom ones made locally if I can't find them any cheaper

And I'm getting the mirror covers painted with my replacement rear bumper

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

The mirrors? I found a source for the signal power. I'm still looking for LHD mirror glass. I may end up getting custom ones made locally if I can't find them any cheaper

And I'm getting the mirror covers painted with my replacement rear bumper

Nice! Did you go with the JDM rear bumper? I am also curious to see if it is a direct replacement.

I'm still looking for LHD mirror glass. I may end up getting custom ones made locally if I can't find them any cheaper

I checked through other sources here, but the mirror glasses seem to be available only OEM here, at Euro 86,-/piece incl. italian VAT (or EUR 70,32 net). :eek::eek:

Obvious, mirror glasses are statistically more likely to break...

... by the way, are we derailing this topic ? Sorry for this.

Nice! Did you go with the JDM rear bumper? I am also curious to see if it is a direct replacement.

No, decided not to, shipping was as much as the bumper itself. I think it's the same with just the reflectors in them. I'd be more interested in the OEM skirt than the bumper itself.

I checked through other sources here, but the mirror glasses seem to be available only OEM here, at Euro 86,-/piece incl. italian VAT (or EUR 70,32 net). :eek::eek:

Obvious, mirror glasses are statistically more likely to break...

... by the way, are we derailing this topic ? Sorry for this.

It's too bad there's no non heated option. Japan parts has heated and non heated but only RHD.

Back on topic, my tripple blink module is on it's way :)

Thanks for the install write-up tytek, I'll point others to this thread who have the current gen body style Legacy.

Gene4ace : what kind of adjustments are you talking about? Number of blinks?

yah you can adjust the number of blinks from 3 to 5

turn the function off completely

or have the flashers come on when its in reverse(not really sure why someone would do this)

I think im going with scott design as its WAY cheaper. going to pm him.

Scott's module is not adjustable, but it only costs around $70.00 shipped.

Any way you could make a quick video for this? I'd like to see your work in action!

I'm just here for the mods.

• 3 years later...
The newer Impreza models in Premium or Limited trim get factory one-touch lane change signals. I wonder if that's a function built into the flasher unit or the switch stalk, and whether it can be retrofitted to our rides...
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

It is built into their BIU computers.. Those cars use the same flasher as Legacy (up to 2015 while they still had flashers). Many of those owners install TapTurn anyway, to get LED compatibility and all the other features... StrobePack etc..

And the BIU is CANbus, so no joy there. Damn.

Sent from a device using some software.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

While on that subject, is anyone looking to make their center brake light flash on initial braking? I noticed a new Forster doing that a few weeks ago.

I wanted to do that and I purchased the flasher unit etc. but I did not install it based on some issues that others had. I think it was Perscitus or nstg8r that ran into CEL issues or something.

Actually, the triple flash on those cars has nothing to do with CANbus.

The BIU has two wires coming out of it that connect to the signal stalk lines going to the flasher. You ground the line, and the car blinks in that direction.

I know the flasher setup is not running on CANbus. I meant that the BIU itself is a CANbus device, has it's own address, and therefore you cannot just swap one from a later vehicle because it won't talk to the other devices on the network.

Actually, the triple flash on those cars has nothing to do with CANbus.

The BIU has two wires coming out of it that connect to the signal stalk lines going to the flasher. You ground the line, and the car blinks in that direction.

Hey Scott, I'd like to install one on my tow vehicle, '12 Nissan Armada. Any idea if it will work, and if so, how to wire it up? PM if you'd like.

Thanks for still making these cool devices :wub:

Hey Scott, I'd like to install one on my tow vehicle, '12 Nissan Armada. Any idea if it will work, and if so, how to wire it up? PM if you'd like.

Thanks for still making these cool devices :wub:

List of compatable cars here, and references to other manufacturers part number.

http://www.autowindow.com/install-instructions

^^ There is an explainer and reference part numbers to other manufacturers relays at the bottom. Pull your blinker relay and compare to the pic at the bottom.

Now, you want me to do actual work... and they spend me money? :eek:

Archived