LegacyGT.com

EBC brake pads for LGT....

SVXWRX

i e-mailed EBC about their Greenstuff or Redstuff pads for the LGT, and they replied "maybe in a month or so. (this was last month.)

if anyone is interested, please e-mail them here ( sales@ebcbrakesusa.com ) to let them know we want some pads! :D

here's the website: http://www.ebcbrakes.com/Automotive.html

i've never used them, but they are popular in the WRX community, get great reviews from them, and they won't break your wallet.

i've had it with the stock pads - i'm tired of cleaning the dust off the wheels every other day. :mad:

I know EBC has supposedly greatly improved their compounds as of late, but I have had bad experiences with their pads on multiple vehicles in the recent past. They would have a tendency to leave pad deposits on the rotors, and somehow chew them up at the same time!!!

Personally I would stay away from their pads, until there are some more positive feedbacks. Check out Nasioc, Scoobynet.uk, even other car forums. They aren't exactly praising EBC.

i had ebc green stuff pads and rotors on my focus. and i had no problems. even when making multiple high speed stops. no fade no warping. they jsut worked. compared to the stock brakes i would say they required a little bit more pedle effort but in all they geatly improved the braking.

i would love to see ebc pads and there sloted and dimpled rotors all around for the legacy

While I would certainly welcome some more aggressive pads, I can't say that dusting is at all a problem with the stock pads. I can go a couple weeks before I really notice the brake dust. If you think the stock pads on the LGT are dusty you should see the insane amount of dust generated by my Mazda6 or by just about any BMW. We are talking completely black in a couple days.

Will never do EBC again. Worked good at first(good bite, low dust etc). Then one side completly crumbled/went to clauk. Other side still had 80% life. Friggen weird.

If you search many other car forums you will find mixed feelings about them.

Many other choices --> consider (Endless, Hawk, Bobcats, Porterfields).

I am very happy with the Hawk HPS — High Performance Street that I just put on my wife's TSX.

Matt

I too had a hideous experience with the old Reds, such that I really do not care what changes EBC says they have made with the new compound. A lot of us fell for the initial onslaught of marketing hype and tried EBC's. The initial feedback/experiences from all of us "early adopters" was so bad that they immediately changed the compounds-even prominently displaying this in their advertisements.

I did EBC GreenStuff and EBC rotors on my CRX - I ended up relacing them both within 6 months of using the car as a commuter as all four rotors warped due to the hi-friction pads. Ummm.......never again will I buy anything EBC....it cost me more than $500. :mad:

i thought the new EBC's were supposed to be good. :confused:

nevermind then. :redface:

the stock LGT pads are pretty bad as far as dusting, as compared to our WRX stock pads. i have to clean the wheels every couple days, and i don't even drive that far.

if you want to leave black trails of dust while you go down the road, try AXXIS Ultimates. i had them on my SVX, and took them off after two weeks. they bite like a mofo, but dirty as all hell.

sutter2k, how is the dust on the Hawk HPS's? where did you get them?

Much less than AXXIS Ultimates, but a tad more than EBC(dusting wasn't the problem with ebc).

that doesn't say much - a tornado causes much less dust than the AXXIS Ultimates. :D

but they are popular in the WRX community, get great reviews from them

been reading clubwrx or something????

ebc+subaru has always been a DISASTER from the very beginning .. something about their compounds warp rotors like nothing else

I will not buy EBC anything again... ever.

Warped all four of my cross drilled and slotted Brembo rotors on my GTi.

In the long run this was ok. Due to the cost of replacing everything I ended up going with a brake upgrade... but that was not the path to it that I wanted to take.

In short. IMHO EBC sucks a$$.

• 4 months later...

i was interested in the Redstuff ceramic pads, which seem to be popular on teh NABISCO, but after all the EBC bashing, i'm not so sure.

who makes ceramic pads for our car (besides Endle$$)?

I put EBC Reds on my '02 WRX in June 2001, which were the old compound. They were one of the only available Trackable pads at the time. I bedded them in for 600 miles and then did a track-day at T-Hill. They performed very well and never seemed to fade, though I was being rather gentle on them. However, by the end of the third 30 minute session a hideous grinding sound could be heard at each application of the brakes. Upon examination, the Reds had completely evaporated and the grinding noises were the metal backing plates gouging into the rotors. Lovely. By comparison I have gotten 8-10 full trackdays using Pagid Blues (Stoptech BBK), Carbotech Panther Plus (ST BBK), or stock (3 days on stock rotors). The latter of course fading 10" into each session.

I do not care if they have changed the compound. I said it years ago, and will say it again, "EBC's marketing department is far superior to their product development department".

I had EBC pads on my Hayes Disc Brake for my Mountain Bike.

If you are unfamiliar with a mountain brake disc brake It uses a cross vented hardended stainless steel rotor.

http://www.pricepoint.com/images/styleimages/D_115%20HAYHH3.jpg

After a few downhill runs I had glazed the pads over. I sanded them off then did it again and the rotor started tearing the pad apart.

Aparently they just stuffed thier corprate material on a pad without any testing. It was totally unsuitable to be used on a hardened stainless milled out cheese grater style disc that normally take sintered metal pads.

why not just get the Bobcats?

But dont jump on them just yet... I'll be announcing a December Bobcat special next week ;)

because from what i've read, they dust not much less than the stock pads (which dust like a bitch).

i just want less dust, and some better bite - i don't autocros, race, etc. - just "enthusiastic" street driving. i'm not too worried about fade.

because from what i've read, they dust not much less than the stock pads (which dust like a bitch).

i just want less dust, and some better bite - i don't autocros, race, etc. - just "enthusiastic" street driving. i'm not too worried about fade.

If you want way less dust and wish to spend the money for that, get Endless SS-M pads.. virutally no dust.. if you want the better bite, go with the Bobcats...

can't have it all.

Keefe

the stock LGT pads are pretty bad as far as dusting, as compared to our WRX stock pads. i have to clean the wheels every couple days, and i don't even drive that far.

I don't know what all the talk is about bad dusting with stock pads...

Given, the braking power isn't so good...

But, I brake sparingly, and my wheels are still pretty clean by the end of the week...perhaps it is breaking style...;)

I don't know what all the talk is about bad dusting with stock pads...

Given, the braking power isn't so good...

But, I brake sparingly, and my wheels are still pretty clean by the end of the week...perhaps it is breaking style...;)

i guess - you must not use your brakes. :icon_wink

never had stock pads leave the wheels so dirty in the WRX, SVX, or 928.

Archived