LegacyGT.com

Yellow Fog Lights

...I do this... :munch:

I'm actually looking forward to installing the Outback bumper and fogs just so I can run them yellow... I honestly don't want fogs, I want yellow fogs. Call me old fashioned... :lol:

The only reason I look at other peoples cars is so I can see my Subie in the reflection - Carver Snell

Check out 2nd Gen Legacy Enthusiast & Resource Directory

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 years later...
For the Outback fogs, you can use these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CTMT01G

If you can judge anything from the photos on Amazon, those lights don't have a good pattern for foglights. Foglights aren't supposed to be driving lights shining hundreds of feet down the road. They're supposed to light the road immediately in front of the car and to the sides so you can see the road in crappy visibility. Too much brightness from those "foglights" is just going to reflect back into the driver's eyes and make it harder to see driving in fog, snow or rain. I'm sure the driver's coming the other way will appreciate being blinded by those things, too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You can just buy a yellow fog light bulb and throw it in, or buy some yellow vinyl off of eBay for less than $10 and cut it to fit..

And the benefit to having any yellow light is better vision when in bad weather, as the light doesn't reflect back at you off of rain or snow or hail as much.

I got yellow tint for my Highlander thru Amazon from RVinyl- check their site to see if they make specific cuts for our gen2......HTH

Archived