LegacyGT.com

Yellow Fog Lights

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just yellow film

http://imageshack.us/scaled/large/706/dsc6743e.jpg

I think it's so funny people when walking towards my car I always see them look down at the fog lights then back up at me when I'm stopped at a light or driving past, at night you can see the yellow cast on some stuff.

Since my original endevour into yellow fogs, I have since discovered that it's much better to paint the actual lens with yellow tint. Use duplicolor metalcast yellow and cover it with a clear coat. If you use the colored bulbs, you cut way down on light output.

That may be true, but that's a permanent, painted solution.

Putting yellow bulbs in a clear housing keeps a stock look and gives the fog-cutting yellow light when needed.

I hate Lamin-X and painting lenses, personally, because I like my cars looking as close to factory as possible.

But I'm old and crusty.

You guys have nice big, wide-projection lights though... us 05 Legacy guys have these piddly projector fogs that don't do much. they are pointed straight down from the factory, as true fog lights, and are not to be used as driving lights. I get maybe 5 feet of light output from mine, but that 5 feet in front is really bright and yellow.

I can see curbs and markers great. If I drive slow enough.

Sorry for the dig but with winter coming is yellow or blue better for snow? Will be doing a few trips all over Japan this winter which is going to mean quite a bit of snow/poor weather driving.

Before I read anything beyond this I knew yellow would be preferred in snow. If you piss blue you better see a doctor. :lol:

The only reason I look at other peoples cars is so I can see my Subie in the reflection - Carver Snell

Check out 2nd Gen Legacy Enthusiast & Resource Directory

im pretty sure blue lights emanating from the front of a vehicle would be illegal in any state. id prefer yellow housing with white lights i think, yellow bulbs dont seem to be very bright. unless you go with a 3000k HID set up.

im pretty sure blue lights emanating from the front of a vehicle would be illegal in any state. id prefer yellow housing with white lights i think, yellow bulbs dont seem to be very bright. unless you go with a 3000k HID set up.

The reason for the question was back in Australia I had a set of Lightforce 170mm spots on the front of our Outback. For snow they suggested a blue cover which worked well but they also had yellow covers for the lights. I was wondering if anyone had tested them side-by-side. Now I'm in Japan I really don't need big spot lights as 95% of my driving is in the city, don't really need fogs either but they're there so I might as well set them up for when we hit the snow.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/311NydDztfL._SX385_.jpg

Seems to be a bit of a fashion here in Japan to drive around with your yellow fog lights on no matter what the weather. :icon_roll

Archived