LegacyGT.com

Spec B certified letter

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated
How would they know anyhow?

This. In MD, any car 20 years old or older that is driven less than 5000 miles a year can get historic plates, but I've seen a few 91 Accords that look like beater DDs that have historic plates... :lol:

Historic plates are also less expensive in MD, but the main reason to get them is to avoid emissions and safety inspection.

to get collector plates on a newer car there are a few steps you need to take. the first thing is you need a letter from Subaru showing how many were produced of your car by year and entirely. if is is 500 or less in a year or less than 1000 in three years you can take you can take that letter to the county clerks and vehicle registration and they will give you the paperwork to fill out and submit. after god knows how long you will get a certificate from them allowing you to get collector plates if they approve. good luck. i have only heard that is is a time consuming project that will get you nowhere. that is the info that i have gotten for trying in colorado.

Where did you get this info? I don't see any documentation on the Colorado DMV page that supports this. Do you have a link to documents that prove this to be accurate?

This. In MD, any car 20 years old or older that is driven less than 5000 miles a year can get historic plates, but I've seen a few 91 Accords that look like beater DDs that have historic plates... :lol:

Historic plates are also less expensive in MD, but the main reason to get them is to avoid emissions and safety inspection.

They probably just roll that odometer back. :spin:

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: I received an email.

..."Dear Mr. Most,

Good morning and thank you for your patience while I researched your inquiry regarding collector plates.

I was able to confirm that this indeed was a special edition vehicle. I've put this information on our letterhead and it is in transit to you. I hope that you are able to get your collector plates and I do apologize for any confusion. I say this because I noticed today that you had received some different information when you called into the call center.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance..."

Bam-a-lam... next step to the DMV...

That letter is coming outta SOA headquarters in Jersey. I'll see if the woman who helped me can get letters for all the spec owners who want one. I dont see why not, though I just used the standard contact form on SOA's website, if anyone wants to email them.

Wonder if 07s would be eligible too? Not that it matters to me... in TX inspections consisting of kicking the tires and honking the horn (not kidding).

Probably not... 06 was the only year they had limited production and registered numbers. If I remember correctly 07+ the Spec.B was just a trim level option.

Ok, well I just dorked out a bit and did some calculating thought some might like to have these numbers:

1670 Total LGT MT Wagons

1022 LTD MT LGT Wagons

648 Unltd MT LGT Wagons

4836 Total LGT MT Sedans

3155 LTD LGT MT Sedans

1681 Unltd MT LGT Sedans

I received my letter in the mail on official Subaru letterhead. I'm very pleased, but I fear its a bit vague.

"Dear Mr. Most,

Thank you for contacting Subaru of America with this request.

Please accept this letter as official notification that your vehicle , (VIN)

is indeed a special edition model.

Sincerely,"

I wonder if something about the actual production number will be required.

Guess it's up to the DMV now

Archived