LegacyGT.com

A build thread to mix things up around here....

Seth1784

hahhahaha go for it. i'd say it would be cheap, but i'd be a liar. half the good old school stuff still pulls a premium tag on the boards. too many people with too much knowledge on what they have hahahha.

i've liked audio for almost 12 years now, seems to just get worse as time goes on. granted this is the first time i've had a fairly large budget to do and have what i'd like lol without some kind of settling on this or that.

with the id gear, i went on a complete whim... no one around me carried them, got a dealer about 2 hours out that had some in stock where someone backed out on him and was on his way to a place near me. gave him cash, got it cheap... had no idea what it'd sound like... hooked it up and ear to ear grins ever since. :D

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmr... thanks, i think they should... although i hope i cut them right to "fix" them and can blend it alright lol.

matt... thanks, been into this crap for about 12 years now. i tried to live with the stock audio but couldn't hack it for more then a couple months lol.

^If I recall, I believe when I removed my A-Pillars I had to "flex" the middle a bit for them to pop out. I am sure they will slide back in -there's never just one way to do something. I also had/have an 05' & my dedicated midrange(s) were slightly larger than yours

Not only an awesome project but FANTASTIC posting of it! Thank you for sharing this with us! Inspirational

How thick (roughly) is that aluminum sheet in the base of your trunk?

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

hrm... hmmm well i know with my 07 i had to pull like a mofo to get mine out lol. factory siliconed the whole bottom of the things down into place. we'll see how it goes i guess lol. fingers are still crossed.

climber... thanks mano, it's been a pain in the ass and i'm moving slower then a snail... however i like watching builds on the audio forums to see how things are done so i figured what the hell.

the plate at the bottom i wanna say is 3/8s if i remember right, i know it's not very thick but it's enough to not flex around. the tire well over all sits fairly flat so you can get away with a few things here and there. plus when you've got some sound deaden all over the place it gives it a little bit of cushion as well.

some day i'm still going to get your tranny mod hahahhaha. warranty is up come october, so will be around then i think.

hahahhahah make it happen... only money right? hahahahah

i don't have an update this weekend, i got called into working 7 hours yesterday and just wasn't in the mood today... ended up cleaning my house which has been oh so very much fun.

however, thursday this week until sunday the following week (ten days ish) i'll be taking care of my parents place where i work on my car. so i should have a good deal of progress made i hope although our outlook for weather is staying really cool last i looked. i'm not sure if it'll be warm enough to glass in or not. i need to read the recommendations on the resin container and see what it says. i know this week i'll for sure be done with the a pillars, going to make some calls tomorrow if i get a chance to the place that'll do the wrapping to see if they can work stuff in next week. (if i get things fitted and happy). i still haven't made up my mind what i want to cover the amp rack with though ahhahah.

isn't that the truth... i've been eye balling the fiat 500 abarth for a while now, my legacy is paid off here in a few months. i'd love to have that or an ariel atom hahahahah. one i could use year round the other... not so much. hell i don't even have enough garage space for either of them ahhahahah.

audio though... you can buy it really cheap used on the diymobile forum if you snatch it up quick though. one of my audison amps was used and i didn't pay much of anything for it. have to love and hate the fact that audio falls in value so quick when a new model comes along. the audison amps i didn't get used were new but i only paid a third of what they did sell for since the new model lrx's had hit the shelves.

alright well this update is fairly small... weather here is sucking pretty badly lol. every night it's a good 20 degrees out which obviously makes me NOT want to work on my car. saturday i did trimming on the thing to get it to fit in the car though, had to hack off a good portion of the bottom and i need to take a hair more off the 1" pod area. then i'll have to go back and fill it in which i'm thinking is going to be a pain in the rear. i've started to sand down the drivers side as well but i'm not done with it yet either. sunday i nursed a 10 hour or so migraine headache which made me go no where near my car. i did however find someone that'll do the wrap and dye job that i can trust to be happy with though. if i get these things done sometime in the week i'm going to meet up with him, if not it'll have to wait until next week since he's busy this weekend.

anyhow... on with the few images i took in the dark. mind you this thing is just sitting in there with no clips holding it there. actually drove around with it like this to try out how it's angled. must say it sounds a hair better then aiming at the windshield lol.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/Seth1784/Audio%20Emporium/Audio%20Build/20120211_212210-1.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/Seth1784/Audio%20Emporium/Audio%20Build/20120211_212224.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/Seth1784/Audio%20Emporium/Audio%20Build/20120211_212245.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/Seth1784/Audio%20Emporium/Audio%20Build/20120211_213014.jpg

frk... i originally had something different done in the trunk behind the seats, although it took up a good deal of the trunk space itself. (image linked under here) good luck with 8s in the door lol my damn 6.5"s were too deep for the front doors of the legacy. they'd either hit the window or would end up hitting the damn door panel ahhahaha i've actually got them in temp boxes under my legs in front of the front seats right now. which surprisingly enough sounds really damn good, not the most comfortable spots ever... but it's a trade off i suppose.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/Seth1784/My%20Car%20Pictures/dsc0065xt3.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee200/Seth1784/My%20Car%20Pictures/dsc0094ta5.jpg

hmr... uhhhhhhh yea... not going 5.1 in this car, hell i don't think my old ass headunit even supports it lol. if i ever watch a dvd in my car it's usually a tv show that way i don't focus on the screen itself... just play something like sealab 2021, harvey birdman or something else i know the scenes well enough to not need to look ahhahahah.

but.... but.... they're ugly.... lol!

unless there's something out there i haven't seen before... (thinking carpet on the dash here lol)

i've come to the realization a long time ago my car will never be quite perfect although i think it's fairly good.

i actually love my home audio far more then my car anymore. which is sad...

pioneer elite receiver

definitive technologies mythos one towers

mythos seven center

some earlier model bipolar rears

and a image dynamics idq 12" sub in a home made ported box with a 500 watt plate amp ahhahah. got it firing down into the floor (port and speaker)

Archived