LegacyGT.com

It was Merv's wagon, but now it is Naylors wagon. The build begins.

m sprank

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looks almost identical to the fast motorsports fmic kit.

FMS is a knock off of this FMIC, and a terrible one at that.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

They dont. They make a 08+ WRX/STi kit. It was very popular with the WRX/STi crowd. The FMS is a knock off of that. TurboXS was unaware of the knock off, until now. Not sure what that means, but they are not happy.

I am making small changes to the existing kit for the LGT. Making sure it works across model years and verifying pressure drop, performance with stock and aftermarket turbos, etc. So far, so good. I am very pleased.

Verified fit with the JDM front bumper. Took a lot of trimming (but it is a JDM bumper, Lol) but I made it work. Still keeps the fogs with that bumper too.

Ohhh, now I have room for Hellas behind the grill. Green Hellas!!!

SSPX1667.thumb.jpg.6e0af0986fd9c60fc724a5c9de0a6ab0.jpg

They dont. They make a 08+ WRX/STi kit. It was very popular with the WRX/STi crowd. The FMS is a knock off of that. TurboXS was unaware of the knock off, until now. Not sure what that means, but they are not happy.

I am making small changes to the existing kit for the LGT. Making sure it works across model years and verifying pressure drop, performance with stock and aftermarket turbos, etc. So far, so good. I am very pleased.

Verified fit with the JDM front bumper. Took a lot of trimming (but it is a JDM bumper, Lol) but I made it work. Still keeps the fogs with that bumper too.

Ohhh, now I have room for Hellas behind the grill. Green Hellas!!!

im guessing you loose the crash bar with this kit too?

^^^Agreed, shouldn't have even started on the car without a plan if thats how your going to handle it.

if a car comes in, with a outragous build in mind. but no specific direction, that should have been first addressed. step by step of what should be done. and even then. things change, something that looked great on the drawing board turns out to not look good in real life. and sometimes you get ideas down the road that u want to add.

and reguardless of the situation, the attack should never be put against the customer. times are hard and pushing a customer away i know is the last thing you want to do.

Fully agree with all of the statements stated previously...

Your being paid for your time. It shouldn't matter if your removing and reinstalling the same part 30 times. Your being paid by the hour in order to do a job that a customer is 'paying' you to do.

Bashing the person who is writing your check isn't good business practice IMO.

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

I feel obligated to say something for many reasons, but most of all because of 2 major reasons:

1). Mike has worked on my car

2). Ryan is a friend

I also have a personal business I run and If I ever bashed a customer in a public forum, you can damn well know that it was going to affect future business for me. A customer is a customer (paying one at that). If you have a "professional opinion" that you would like to share with a customer, there is nothing wrong with that... but sharing your opinion (and that is all that is) has nothing to do with the paying customer.

I'm sure it is late and Mike is tired, but there is no excuses for this in a professional environment. I respect Mike's knowledge about Legacy's but there is a line that cannot be crossed.

Just my $0.02

Terrible. First it was the public bashing of itsme and now its his own customers on a public forum. You're shitting where you eat doofus :lol:

Completely agree. The success is going to your head. :rolleyes::mad:

Ok. Because naylor has no plan, no budget, no direction and unfortunately no style... I had to tear apart much of the completed work today. Motor is almost stripped again.

Decision to PC the alternator, a/c compressor, radiator, fan shrouds, overflow tank, AOS, hellas, etc. with the new piping and core caused me to have to disassemble a lot.

So, since we are going back for paint (again) I pulled all the Cusco under car braces too. Along with some OEM under car parts. Also pulled the 4 box links in the rear (I thin that is the brand) they are out. Ordered full Whiteline kit today.

So, car is farther from driving now than it was yesterday. Going to be at least another two week delay for paint (if not more as the Whiteline links will need to be sent out as soon as they arrive too). Ryan must like to spend money three times to get something done once, Lol. Another 8 hours of OT spent removing what was already done because there was never any plan. I feel a rant coming as no plan is one of my major pet peeves...

Apparently a set of 2011 STi seats were purchased too. Not sure how that plays into the equation. If it were my car, I would keep the LGT OEM seats and re-upholster long before I ever considered STi seats. Losing air bags, power seats and seat heaters for a seat that is no more comfortable, stylish or supportive sounds like a down grade to me.

Can you tell how stoked I am that is is 8:30 at night and I am still at the shop buried in work because I spent the last 10 hours disassembling what was already probably almost 50 hours of labor?

Got to go. Late to the night gig. No time for pix of the huge stack of parts at the door for PC and the bare engine bay.

quoted.:eek:

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

Archived