LegacyGT.com

Filtered Turbo Oil Supply Line Kit (w/ Instructions)

Found it! http://www.xrp.com/ Call them up, they'll have you set up in no time. Just be sure to specify that you already have a filter housing, and just need the 40 micron media itself. :)

$40 smackaroos!!! For anyone else that would like to replace their filter from a 10 to a 40, you can call them directly and order it over the phone.

I contacted XRP last summer regarding their filters because mine was damaged. They actually told me the filter I was using (same as V2) was too fine for this application and a larger micron filter should be used prior to this filter to catch larger particles first. The 10 micron filter becomes clogged far too easily and will create excessive pressure at the filter. They also suggested I use the brown oring in oil applications. Again, these words are from an engineer xrp and are not mine.

Having said that, I still use the 10 micron filter made by xrp on my car.

XRP private label manufactures the V2 filters for me. They are 10 micron. The V1 filters were also 10 micron. 10 micron was the original spec I was given to work with when designing the kits.

When the decision was made to switch filters many long conversations were had with the staff at XRP. No one had any issues with the 10 micron size or the filter or the application at that time. Otherwise, I would not have made the change. The V2 filters are stronger and have more filter, hence the desire to change.

Also, the brown o-ring is Viton which is for gasoline. I have hundreds of them. If anyone wants one, its about $0.60 for a stamp and an envelope. I can mail you one. But the o-ring provided is the one (supposedly) rated for oil.

If anyone wants/needs a 40 micron filter element, I can supply those too. Most likely at a lower price than XRP direct.

If the filter kits are kept as an active product, switching to a 40 micron element in the next production run is not an issue and does not effect pricing.

My in house test mule has been running the V2 filter set up (10 micron and black o-ring) for over 1 year and 25000 miles with no issues.

As usual, I probably should have called you first before dropping $30 on the 40 micron filter element (I blame my impatience on the impending baby coming... Seriously driving me a bit batty). Lesson learned... Thanks again for getting this great kit together, looking forward to getting it on the car.

XRP private label manufactures the V2 filters for me. They are 10 micron. The V1 filters were also 10 micron. 10 micron was the original spec I was given to work with when designing the kits.

When the decision was made to switch filters many long conversations were had with the staff at XRP. No one had any issues with the 10 micron size or the filter or the application at that time. Otherwise, I would not have made the change. The V2 filters are stronger and have more filter, hence the desire to change.

Also, the brown o-ring is Viton which is for gasoline. I have hundreds of them. If anyone wants one, its about $0.60 for a stamp and an envelope. I can mail you one. But the o-ring provided is the one (supposedly) rated for oil.

If anyone wants/needs a 40 micron filter element, I can supply those too. Most likely at a lower price than XRP direct.

If the filter kits are kept as an active product, switching to a 40 micron element in the next production run is not an issue and does not effect pricing.

My in house test mule has been running the V2 filter set up (10 micron and black o-ring) for over 1 year and 25000 miles with no issues.

Mike please check PM.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Kits have sold out. Not sure if I will make any more at this time. Production numbers would be lower which will raise cost (again). On top of the wait time to recover the expenses (sales volume has dropped off significantly as the cars have aged).

Kits have sold out. Not sure if I will make any more at this time. Production numbers would be lower which will raise cost (again). On top of the wait time to recover the expenses (sales volume has dropped off significantly as the cars have aged).

Where you able to source the 40 micron filters?

Doh, I was too slow.

If you ever do another production run, you could definitely count me in for one. I might even be able to get another few local LGT owners interested as well.

I have no kits left. I have miscellaneous pieces of kits.

It took over 1 year to sell the last production run.

On some pieces I must make far more than needed, so I have extras of those. But, to make a smaller run will increase costs again.

• 4 months later...