LegacyGT.com

Filtered Turbo Oil Supply Line Kit (w/ Instructions)

About to install the V2 kit on my 05 outback.

What I don't get from the instructions is when I install the new AVCS bolt and the new feed line to it, what happens with the oil line going from that bolt previously? Do I leave the old AVCS line hanging there?

The OEM pipe feeding oil to the passenger side OCV stays intact unless you have the replacement ACVS line kit also.

I just have the turbo feed kit. So the OCV line and the new turbo oil feed will go into the new double acvs banjo bolt ?

Yes. Remove the OEM single bolt from the OCV. Place a new 12mm crush washer between the OCV and OEM oil feed pipe. Stack the new 12mm banjo fitting (and supplied washer) on top of the OCV 12mm banjo and use the double banjo bolt (and another 12mm washer) to complete. 14ftlbs torque on the double banjo bolt.

• 4 weeks later...

can i pull apart the filter without draining the oil? or should it be drained first?

edit: can and just did, little dribble but most of the oil was out of the lines after the car sat for a bit.

Edited by evildriver

• 3 weeks later...

Is the filter and bracket the only difference between the v1 and v2?

If I'm installing a BNR 16G on my '08 obxt, do you recommend the standard kit (just lines), the v1 kit or the v2 kit upgrade? And why?

Thanks.

Edited by singincanary

To step in with a customer note...

I should have bought the full kit in the first place. Not that there is anything wrong with capping the 05/06 turbo feed. I just don't prefer seeing the cap on mine and will be asking Mike soon for a hose that will replace it to match the new turbo feed. Mine is based on the V1 filter.

• 1 month later...
can i pull apart the filter without draining the oil? or should it be drained first?

edit: can and just did, little dribble but most of the oil was out of the lines after the car sat for a bit.

Can some one post pics or video of the filter taken apart for cleaning ?

I just got mine, and the inner filter mesh, seems glued to the housing.

I just dont want to mess it up during cleaning.

thanks

• 5 months later...

wish i had remembered to look this up earlier

i would have had this all installed the other day.

I literally just finished re-bending the oem pipe to fit over my galley plug so it wouldnt rub through.

Went to put on the kit as per instructions, then looked and saw my long hose left and went "son of a bch!" because i realized i didnt need the "old turbo feed" cap, and didnt need to bend the oem pipe to fit because the long hose replaces it.

/derp haha

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/15/ba4dd922b7bd4030009439b61735b7fc.jpg

"Build" Thread <--Link

(OLD) '05 EJ255 now a '13 EJ257 Bottom End w/D25 heads (NEW)

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This year, all of the sudden the "complete" kits are outselling the standard kits. Previously the standard kits outsold the "complete" kits 10 to 1. The printed instructions supplied link to this thread, but maybe I need to write specific instructions for the AVCS line now.

It's pretty straightforward if you actually think about it, but it might not hurt to just write in that the long line replaces the OEM one or something I suppose.

"Build" Thread <--Link

(OLD) '05 EJ255 now a '13 EJ257 Bottom End w/D25 heads (NEW)

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intersting. But, the filter should be sent in to me. I have them private labelled by XRP and if there is an issue I need to know so that it can be resolved on my end.

All you need to do is contact me.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an updated link to this product somewhere that I'm missing? All the links I've found go to a hole that states there is no product. Below is the offending link from BNR.

http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-995/IP%26T-Filtered-Turbo-Oil/Detail

If not, is there a listed price somewhere?

My stock turbo went out on Tuesday, and I'm looking to replace with the BNR 16G as well as upgrade the oil line with this kit if I can make the numbers work.

Edited by OBXTbyrequest