LegacyGT.com

Subaru buying back 2011 WRXs?

broknindarkagain

• I Donated

A few local guys I know have the 2011 WRX and they have gotten calls from the dealer wanting to buy the cars back from them???

Anyone know anything about this?

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I've had this happen to me on every Subaru I've purchased.

They even called me and asked to buy back my 01 Impreza that I bought in 09. When I informed them that it had 115,000 miles, a non-stock motor, etc they apologized and scampered off.

Sales Tactic and they suck at it. They sent us a letter offering up to 22,000 on our low 2009 Forester XP (with just 19,000 miles). So we said sure (even though we knew the tactic), if the difference to a new one comes to 5000 dollars or less we would bite. The proceedings stopped when they realized we wanted a manual transmission and Navi.

This time of year they are looking for nice clean cars on trade. Winter time rolling around the corner and there will be people looking. Our local dealer does the same thing.

Why do you think Subaru has the trade in program? Locks you into do business with them. They got you on the original sale, your trade is another sale and they sell you a new one.

US car manfacturers had a two year turn over program in the days of planned obsolence. They wanted cars to fall apart to get new buyers in getting a "trouble free" car. After the MSRP on cars skyrocketed, lease became the guaranteed way of getting customers back in the door.

I have never heard heard or read so much buzz about "Certified Per Owned" cars as I have in the last few months. In general, over all brands of autos.

Newspapers, Radio spots, magazine articles... this is all I read about. Is certified Pre-owned the new cool thing to buy in the car world?

I imagine these lightly used 1 or 2 year old Subarus that they are trying to grab back from us would be candidates for 'certified pre owned'.

I have never heard heard or read so much buzz about "Certified Per Owned" cars as I have in the last few months. In general, over all brands of autos.

Newspapers, Radio spots, magazine articles... this is all I read about. Is certified Pre-owned the new cool thing to buy in the car world?

I imagine these lightly used 1 or 2 year old Subarus that they are trying to grab back from us would be candidates for 'certified pre owned'.

There are a lot of new car inventory shortages out there, and used cars prices are at record levels.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And dealers understand that a sucker is born every minute.

Exactly. They give you an attractive price on the trade and don't come down on the new car profit. Even if the dealer gives you blue book, it's a lot of depreciation after two years. Then they sell your cherry for a premium.

Some CPO programs are a good way to essentially get new car perks at a lower price.

Subaru's CPO program is a HUGE profit boost for dealers. Buy low-mileage used cars for KBB, inspect it, sell for $2-3k more than a non-CPO car.

The catch is that Subaru's CPO isn't very good, and basically takes advantage of un-informed buyers. With Subaru CPO you get an inspection (which they would already do), and a 6/100k powertrain warranty. BMW, for example, gives you a full 6/100k warranty, which justifies the price premium.

Some CPO programs are a good way to essentially get new car perks at a lower price.

Subaru's CPO program is a HUGE profit boost for dealers. Buy low-mileage used cars for KBB, inspect it, sell for $2-3k more than a non-CPO car.

The catch is that Subaru's CPO isn't very good, and basically takes advantage of un-informed buyers. With Subaru CPO you get an inspection (which they would already do), and a 6/100k powertrain warranty. BMW, for example, gives you a full 6/100k warranty, which justifies the price premium.

You also get a $500 coupon good towards a purchase of a new Subaru and you can upgrade the extended warranty for way cheaper than than you could add an extended warranty on a new car. Having a factory warranty on a used car is worth it imo...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived