LegacyGT.com

Fast Motorsport FMIC Installed

G5892

Top end is amazing compared to the VF-40. Even after a month of having it, I'm still getting used to it. It takes a little longer for it to spool however, but once you get used to it, its fine.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One question how'd you change the position of the over flow coolant tank? Because first I was thinking about the racer x fmic because wasn't too much trouble but than I saw the fms fmic and it has got me changing my mind and really thinking of getting it.

Yeah like my first thought of the racer x because it was simple and easy but the fms looks so clean and whole lot better. Any major, major boost lag when it was installed? But do you have to remove the coolant overflow tank on the driver side for the piping? Or could you leave it there?

Yeah like my first thought of the racer x because it was simple and easy but the fms looks so clean and whole lot better. Any major, major boost lag when it was installed? But do you have to remove the coolant overflow tank on the driver side for the piping? Or could you leave it there?

They give you a new coolant tank to use. And I also switched to a 1mm boost pill I didn't notice any lag increase, and throttle respond actually got a lot better. You should pick up a EBCS.

Oh really that's great than okay my mind is made up than a fms than. And yeah I heard of this boost pill but this is my first Subaru so I'm still learning about my legacy gt sorry I'm a newbie but what is the boost pill? I've heard about it and also EBCS? Sorry just a newbie but thank you for all the help I appreciate it.

A EBCS allows you to control boost a lot better. It's $100, but it's good for the money. Look through the thread's on it a bit more if you want to know more about it. I'm not a guru on it lol. Good luck.

"The PERRIN EBCS Pro functions very different than the OEM solenoid. You will get faster boost response (more power down low), and the ability to hold more boost at higher RPM's. Who wouldn't want more boost, more power, and better response!?"

OM NOM NOM

http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-1443/Perrin-EBCS-Pro-Boost/Detail

Ive got a 5mt. My clutch holds 550tq. I can run 10s too.

No need to front or be ambiguous about crashing your Legacy Cody.

why dont you get your facts straight before you talk out of your ass. your pretty good at that. i see your still a little bitter over me making fun of your hair. :eek:

i bought my jdm bumper used and it had a crack in it FROM THE PREVIOUS OWNER. the bumper was repaired. and then slightly damaged by ups during shipping. also had that repaired before installing it on my car. thanks ;)

lol, and just cuz your clutch can hold 550. doesnt mean your trans will.

i love my 6 speed ;)

the only thing that is nice with the racer x is that u can keep the stock front bumper beam.

the fms comes with a new bumper beam to mount the fmic but obviously is alot slimmer then the stock beam. i installed my fms fmic along with my 20g and all supporting mods so i cant really tell you how much lag you will get if you are still on a vf40.

im holding 350whp on 91 at 20 psi and 434whp at 24psi on e85 and the fms fmic holds up great. no leaks or pressure drops. holds boost all the way to redline :)

i paid 650$ shipped for my kit with a silver core and black piping. cant beat that!

i have the slowboyracing 20g. its an sti style turbo. i think a 20g is perfect for the 2.5l motor with a 5 speed. i was full spool around mid to high 3000's and it pulls hard to redline.

with my 6 speed swap now, the 20g is too small for me now :( im constantly in boost which is nice when i wanna do pulls but kinda sucks around town. kills gas like crazy cuz im constantly shifting haha.

built motor is coming in the next year or so, just trying to recover from the 6 speed swap haha. my motor will be accomidated by a full twinscroll 3076 :) i plan to be between 550-600whp on e85.

Okay than I know my set up than after this semester thank you guys so much everyone that replied I can't wait till I get my fms fmic! :D and ill take all of your guys help and hints and ill post up picture and threads of my installation thank you everyone much appreciated! :)

btw i was looking at how to install the ebcs seems pretty easy but it was a grimmspeed one. Are they exactly the same? i have to connect three different vacuum hoses from the solenoid to the turbo? and am i going to need a tune right after right?

Yeah and i saw the perrin one also it has three inlets also right? Ive been doing research and people say there exactly the same just whatever you go with, flip a coin pretty much. hows the grimmspped one though runs great? Yeah i read that also, the ebcs will need a tune right after but how soon? but thanks for the help everyone really its been great!

I have a grimmspeed EBCS, love it. From my knowledge, i'd advise you to install it just before you get tuned. Did mine while others were on the dyno, then started the car and drove up to the dyno without building any boost. That's my $00.02

Yeah and i saw the perrin one also it has three inlets also right? Ive been doing research and people say there exactly the same just whatever you go with, flip a coin pretty much. hows the grimmspped one though runs great? Yeah i read that also, the ebcs will need a tune right after but how soon? but thanks for the help everyone really its been great!

I have a grimmspeed EBCS, love it. From my knowledge, i'd advise you to install it just before you get tuned. Did mine while others were on the dyno, then started the car and drove up to the dyno without building any boost. That's my $00.02

This^^

Don't want to boost your car at all without having it tuned with this installed. So install it right before your tune. And I like the grimmspeed one more. The design I think is cleaner look. But they both do the same thing n work the same.

Ohhhh okay than well thanks you guys that really helps a lot so ill just buy the grimmspeed one because it does look cleaner and plus a couple bucks lower so why not. Okay than so ill install it then right before I get a tune thanks! :D and is anyone running on the hex mods f1 valve body by any chance? Heard that was great also but just pm me please and thank you! But really guys thanks you for everything ill update my thread on my legacy gt once I get everything on or at least the fmic. Take care!

• 4 weeks later...
Is there any reason to go for the turboxs fmic over this? Seems like the fms is a more popular choice. And it cheaper. Will this work with an sti style Turbo? Also where is the best place to buy one? does anyone know if it fits behind jdm bumper?

i have this with my jdm decel burnup front bumper. it comes with an aftermarket crash beam and it fits with my jdm bumper. obviously it needs some trimming to fit, but any fmic besides the crappy racerx kit does.

i went with the fast motorsports kit, i paid 650$ shipped with black piping, forgot what vendor i got it from tho. couldnt beat that tho for any other fmic out there. but search around on nasioc. asking vendors.

it comes with piping for both sti style and lgt style turbos. my fitment is almost 100% rubs a little in a few places but besides that. its a great kit

making 434whp at 24psi on e85.

holds up great!

Archived