LegacyGT.com

Fast Motorsport FMIC Installed

G5892

its hard to make out what that bracket connects to on the radiator, that would be a better location if mine has similar, i just want to keep it as a position as close to stock as i can, just to keep things simple!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys I been trying to install the FMS FMIC and I ran into some trouble. The problem is I been having trouble trying to put my bumper back on because it seems to be rubbing around the foglight area. I seen several of you guys install the kit and was able to retain your foglights. Any positive input will be gladly appreciated.

Yes, keep trimming. It eventually fits and fits well. I ran into the same issue, however once you trim enough it fits perfectly fine. if i remember right you have to trim more behind the fog light that anywhere else.

Yes, keep trimming. It eventually fits and fits well. I ran into the same issue, however once you trim enough it fits perfectly fine. if i remember right you have to trim more behind the fog light that anywhere else.

Can u be a pal and provide pics?:lol:

U can also trim back the silicone 90 a bit on the intercooler side to move the pipe over a little towards the center of the car. Then it fits right in that pocket between the middle and where the fog light cover snaps in. Only a little though, like 1/4". Also, if u use 3/4" flat stock and bend a 90 in it, it will slip right into the slot on the radiator where the second bolt (drivers side) for the fan is. You will need a slightly longer bolt to do this. I can post pics of mine later if u want. Good luck .

here are the pics of my setup if you are interested. I used 3/4" flat stock as it fits in the groove on the radiator and a slightly longer bolt to accomidate the extra space. Also, the pic of the bumper is where the pipe should end up.

thanks buddy! I manage to get my bumper back on but its not perfectly flushed like stocked. I will try to trim the silicone and try to get my piping to end up where u pointed out! :)

oh, and one other thing, there is a "bent" silicone coupling. This goes at the joint between the pipe to the throttle body(one with BOV) and next pipe. If you face the bend down, it kicks the pipe in towards the timing belt cover. This gives you a little more room for the bumpeer.

Shit I used that on the left side outlet of the core maybe that would explain my misaligned hot side piping. So just a straight coupler coming of left side of core as your looking at it? Maybe its different with the turboxs piping. I'll have to check the instructions for it

• 3 years later...

bummmpp bring this post back!

Newb question, ive never had a FMIC just some massive ETS TMIC, but do you have to retune for a FMIC and a restrictor pill?

I have a protune by a shop in Charlotte NC with basic mods, vf46, straightpipe etc etc, but do I need to spend another 450$ for a tune just to put a FMIC on?

Yea to get the most out of it tuning is necessary... most will tell you that a front mount is overkill on a stock turbo though.. the gains wont be much for the $1000 you spend on it

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Newb question, ive never had a FMIC just some massive ETS TMIC, but do you have to retune for a FMIC and a restrictor pill?

I have a protune by a shop in Charlotte NC with basic mods, vf46, straightpipe etc etc, but do I need to spend another 450$ for a tune just to put a FMIC on?

We can set you up with a good etune, would be 250 let me know.

But yes you should.

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

In in charlotte. I'm looking into getting a racer x fmic. I'd love to check your out for fitment and quality. You go to any local meets?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Archived