LegacyGT.com

When was the last time you stalled(Manual)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey everybody stalls occasionally so don't be offended. The only ones that don't are riding the clutch.

Even my late father-in-law, who drove a semi over 3 million miles, would stall every once in a while.

No offense needed. I've put over 100k on a stock clutch, without stalling. I'm pretty sure I don't ride it.

If you don't stall, you MIGHT be riding the clutch. Or, you might know exactly what you are doing.

Don't be offended that some people stall with extreme infrequency.

The last time I came close, was reversing up a very steep, very narrow ramp in I-mode, that had a supercharged Lotus Elise at the top of it. There was only about 6" of room on either side of the car while going up the ramp. Before that, I think I had stopped for the day, set the e-brake, and let the clutch out before the car had completely shut off. Not really a stall-out.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

No offense needed. I've put over 100k on a stock clutch, without stalling. I'm pretty sure I don't ride it.

My 2004 Impreza that my wife is currently driving has 209k on the stock clutch.

My 2008 Legacy has 126k and I just put a throw out bearing in it but the disk look fine so it is still in there.

I only stall maybe once every three months but it happens.

My 2004 Impreza that my wife is currently driving has 209k on the stock clutch.

My 2008 Legacy has 126k and I just put a throw out bearing in it but the disk look fine so it is still in there.

I only stall maybe once every three months but it happens.

Mileage is pretty much a worthless indicator for a clutch life time. In LA, I probably shift more times a day than some people shift in a week. (1st, 2nd, oooh 3rd, then repeat). If you do a lot of highway (in light traffic), then you can rack up quite a bit of miles on the clutch as you almost never shift after getting to 5th.

:lol:

LMFAO!!!!

This thread isn't something you see on most domestic or audi forums because it isn't usually that big of an issue. It's the car.

I've had MANY cars and I don't think I've stalled in a couple years in VW Fox, Landcruiser, Blazer, Accord, and even my Audi before I bought the the 40V V8 for it (dohc aluminum V8 ftw). this just isn't that big of an issue with most cars.

Even saying that, for the same reason it irritates me (lack of low end torque and throttle response) I think an auto would be 10x worse for annoyances in the same field I.E. under 2k rpm's and trying to accelerate

Funny thing last night. I got back in the SpecB and stalled it twice trying to take off. It grabs so much lower then the Spec2+ clutch in my 05 DD.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived