LegacyGT.com

Tuned perfect at 75k, now at 76k steering wheel hops in 3rd, 3.5-3.75k; 5EAT

Soda Popinski

How much has this car cost you? Get a beater for the winter and get something for everything else that satisfies your thirst for power out of the box instead of rolling in a Legacy that by my estimates will soon scratch mid-40s $$$. You could have gotten an STi that out of the box would more than likely have made you happy and certainly blown the doors off your current LGT both in a straight line and in rally.

Well that's just it. I couldn't afford the STi when I first bought the car. But what I was seeing at the time of purchase was other owners with claims or slips showing power levels of that (in 05's) close to if not higher than STi's and the car salesman who said I could do it with the LGT, having the same power train as the WRX basically.

I'm well over the 10k mark for repairs. This trans will put me to about $12,000 and that's not counting any mods. Mods alone are all cobb so there's $$$ I've had about 10 tunes over the course of the car as well. I owe 6000 to the bank on it so my ballpark is $48000

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well that's just it. I couldn't afford the STi when I first bought the car. But what I was seeing at the time of purchase was other owners with claims or slips showing power levels of that (in 05's) close to if not higher than STi's and the car salesman who said I could do it with the LGT, having the same power train as the WRX basically.

I'm well over the 10k mark for repairs. This trans will put me to about $12,000 and that's not counting any mods. Mods alone are all cobb so there's $$$ I've had about 10 tunes over the course of the car as well. I owe 6000 to the bank on it so my ballpark is $48000

and youre still slower than a than a new WRX or STi

hows it feel to be such a sucker?

aaaaand there goes 4th and 5th gear. limped into work and will have the car towed to the dealership today. tranny initially engages when shifting but as soon as it changes gear, anything over 2000 rpm's just feels like it's in neutural.

1st and 2nd still work, so I can't drive it on the highway, and at this point I'd just call AAA and have it towed.

For what it's worth, I feel like mashing the pedal every now and then and wish the 5EAT was a little beefier. I modded the crap out of my 2000 Audi S4 and drove it hard at Stage 2, and that auto tranny took it like a champ! I've got a 4454 on the way now to be on the safe side, but if my 5EAT craps out I'll probably swap to 6 speed and call it a day.

If you do decide to sell, let me know and we'll figure out when we can get you some stock parts ;) provided we ever get our electricity and water back!

Got the car back.

795.10 for

Trans install, cust supplied w/ oil and dif fluid

2 axle seals

1 castle nut

1 cotter pin

1 atf fluid filter @$40.95

Trans cost me 650

Shipping was 400 from GA to CT

Car feels better than ever.

Again, my gripe with agile auto continues. The tech who installed the turbo used the wrong nuts, x-threaded 2 of the, Overtorqued the turbo, and used a pry bar against the plastic housing of the manifold, cracking it. Also, many bolts were missing in work areas that agile worked on

Anyway. The car goes on sale in craigslist and my hunt for an 09 spec b begins.

However, i may simply spring for the sti sedan. Hartford subaru wants no less than 35k for the 2011 sti sedans due to demand

Anyone know where i can find an 09 spec b in red sAtin pearl?

Archived