LegacyGT.com

Tuned perfect at 75k, now at 76k steering wheel hops in 3rd, 3.5-3.75k; 5EAT

Soda Popinski

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
After a year of retirement from this forum I decided to visit for some lunch time entertainment, and I see not much has changed. Same questions, same kind of people incorrectly answering those questions, and your car constantly being broken. I suspect by this point your LGT probably has a maintenance record approaching my old lemon. After 2.5 years the repair record was 45 pages (printed on both sides), and various dealers had spent over 15K doing warranty work on it. The aggravation alone made me dump it after 2.5 years. I'm blown away that you would even consider buying another Legacy after this one has repeatedly proved that it isn't the car you're looking for. You outta follow my train of thought and get a nice reliable DD, and then spend the time to research and buy the car that fits your performance needs as a toy. Good luck dude!

Thanks. Old thread now though. Sold the car for 15k and bounced. Got a Challenger R/T 6 speed as my DD and will probably pick up a beater 2.5i for the snow.

Ya, I drank the cool-aid that the LGT was lightning in a bottle from the get-go... every step of the way was an "almost there, but not quite enough." It's a cock tease; if I wanted my LGT to be an STi I should have just bought the STi, but that year model STi looked like a pregnant rollerskate... had the STi sedan been around I would have just picked that up. I don't mind the extra money I pumped into it... lessons learned. It was fun doing all those mods myself and it was fun trying to reach that top shelf. The 5EAT really ****s over the owner because it was sold to me as being the same as the 6MT specB but better in traffic, that the rally style shifters are better in performance and handling than having to stick it yourself... toobad all the mods I did left so much on the table if you compared a side-by-side 6MT and the 5EAT, all those mods left me with 255awhp, when others were in the 3's and close to 4's for roughly the same money.

I ain't even mad. Sad thing is I still love the LGT look from the 08-09 years. But it's an illusion with a 5EAT to expect tuned STi numbers.

A lot of members here tell me to STFU. So I be quiet...

But when they log off... I be talkin again. /obscure?

^I don't think you're looking at the big picture and forgetting that small "hard driving" part, to say the least ;)

Op got a different car, dumped the legacy, is probably growing a mullet right now, time to let this one die.

LOL, no mullet here. But I did grow a Wil T. Riker beard... odd.

About that hard drivin'... I figured time to get a car that I don't have to mod and can take the lead foot. As much as I want to mod it the most I'm going to do is switch to Amsoil (thanks to you) synthetic and a magnetic drain plug.

The car came with a CAI and Dealer installed exhaust at a price I couldn't say no to.

PS> thanks for the Amsoil suggestion, I would recommend it to ANYONE here that is running Synth or wants to make the jump. Well worth it!

Thanks. Old thread now though. Sold the car for 15k and bounced. Got a Challenger R/T 6 speed as my DD and will probably pick up a beater 2.5i for the snow.

Good call, and nice choice. I think you'll end up having a lot more luck with the Challenger. My coworker oddly owns the exact same car. (2010 R/T 6 speed w/ K&N intake and exhaust) He bought it new and beats the living hell out of it daily. The thing still runs like the day he bought it 35K later. The other day he was talking about slapping a ProCharger on it and I told him to just be happy he has a fun reliable DD, lol.

Anyway, happy rubber laying trails to you and your new ride.

^I don't think you're looking at the big picture and forgetting that small "hard driving" part, to say the least ;)

Op got a different car, dumped the legacy, is probably growing a mullet right now, time to let this one die.

I wonder if the new car will get raped on then complained about. Then fixed, beat on, complained about followed by repeating steps 1-3.

Archived