LegacyGT.com

REVIEW: Infamous Performance Negative Experience - CLOSED

Joe Touch

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with what's been said. The little I've read of Mike's responses have seemed straightforward and truthful. Why beat around the bush? Would you rather him tell you what you want to hear, then you look like a fool in the end? I know I wouldn't. I'm always up for constructive criticism and advice. Don't take it so hard dude, he hears enough "plans" I'm sure, it's just business. I plan on buying a downpipe from him here soon once I get some cash. He's got good prices.

Although my experience with Mike has been positive, I'll agree the answers are somewhat curt. The OP was looking for advice and Mike just said "go read more". Although I find that an acceptable answer on a forum(with a search feature), if the OP is emailing/PM'ing a shop for a specific answer, he should get it. Not "I wouldn't do that/Go do more research/*insert Ambiguous answers*". I will agree that you need to ask more specific questions instead of "what do you think of each of these parts?*insert list*".

What a POS thread! :)

:lol:

Mods should move this to the "Wahhhh" (baby crying sound) section.

I think Mike is a stand-up guy that contributes a great deal to this website. The OP might have been better served to actually read some of the threads, do a search, or post build questions to other members on the board.

• I Donated
I, like others, see nothing wrong with Mike's replies besides maybe being a little abrupt (and I'd rather he didn't sugar-coat things, personally). Frankly, even if I did think he was rude, I'd shop with him based on price alone, but on top of the price, he gives good advice, ships fast, and has excellent customer service. Up to you if you want to go elsewhere and pay more for less just based on how you interpreted his tone of voice over the internet... but I wouldn't if I were you.

I, for one, expect puppy dogs, rainbows and unicorns with EVERY vendor response.

I don't care if they give me good, straightforward advice that answers my questions or not, I'll follow it as long as theres a gold star and a smiley face in the response....and a hug. I like hugs.

You and Mike clearly don't communicate on the same plane, and thus you both mis-interpreted eachother at several points. Hell even I understood what "shortcuts" you were talking about (you don't want to thrown money at a meaningless part), but we often forget that in email it is easy to interpret suggestive statements entirely the wrong way. Phone for the win. Granted I sell a labor-intensive high dollar modification and not volume regular parts with low margin, the phone has solved just about every customer service issue I've ever had, in both my businesses.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I agree with the other folks. I don't see anything wrong with the response. I like Mike because he is very straight forward. He steered you away from buying a part that he didn't think was necessary (the AVO throttle body hose) when it would have been much easier for him to just take your money and sell you the part.

That is exactly the reason why you should buy from someone like him, he has more experience, and will tell you the truth even if it costs him money and isn't what you want to hear.

If your thread is reverse psychology good work, otherwise FAIL.

My experience has been most good tuners come off as complete jerks... if you don't know them well. *cough* Bushur *cough*

I had a similar experience with a place here in Central Ohio *to remain unnamed (his garage is closed now) They had a clicky little group of gear heads... I always heard stories about how he gave guys good deals... not here... heh... I waited at his shop for an hour for him one day when he said he'd be there, and every time he charged me for something it was more than his original quote... 15-20% more. GAAA!!!

I don't see any of that stuff from Infamous. And I agree with everyone else... calm down and call the guy (or schedule an appointment to chat and stop by his garage if you're so close)

to add to that, first time I met him he told my that my entire 1 year old Stainless Stromung (BAD@SS!) exhaust on my WRX needed replaced b/c the Down pipe didn't meet the exhaust... *cough* the problem EVERYONE that you can buy and adapter for *cough*... again... he's out of business now.

Mike is that you? Haha did your write this review so you could hear all of the awesome stuff about yourself! LOL

Maybe I should do this????

The best part is Mike does not even have to defend himself....classic thread already.

[

Mike is that you? Haha did your write this review so you could hear all of the awesome stuff about yourself! LOL

Maybe I should do this????

The best part is Mike does not even have to defend himself....classic thread already.

He have everyone else on this forum defending him..... wonder why :rolleyes:

He have everyone else on this forum defending him..... wonder why :rolleyes:

If someone posted this exact exchange with you in Mike's position, I'd be defending you too. You can be sure there would be a lot of "wtf Mike?" if it turned out he really did tear in to the OP for no good reason.

OP: You are entitled to your opinion, and also free to post those opinions. We in LGT.com community can benefit from a truthful, negative review of a vendor **If, and only if, attempts to resolve the dissatisfaction with the vendor have been unsuccessful**.

I want to give you sincere props for including the actual text of the exchange between you and MSprank, instead of just ranting your opinion. This gives us all the chance to form an opinion, with the exact same information you used to form yours. With that information, it seems that you are alone in thinking that his communication to you was offensive.

If you want responses formed by a corporate customer service center, patronize those businesses. If you want a happy-ending, go to a massage parlor. Instead, you asked some informal questions, in an informal way, using an informal method. The responses were in the same vein. You specifically asked "I was wondering if you had any input or suggestions to my plans", and that’s what you got. :eek:

Mike shoots straight, and is short on political correctness and asskissing. That's pretty common in automotive arenas, and respected by many. There is no indication that you attempted to contact him and explain that you were offended. You could have at least owned your stance by saying "I just asked some questions, if you want my business, please don't be a d!ck" before taking this public. You probably would have gotten an apology (unnecessarily IMO), more detailed explanations and assistance, and you wouldn’t have the rest of us mocking you for being a p-word.

I have never been so disrespected and humiliated by someone

You have had some echanted life if this is true. Put on a clean skirt, and spend more time on internet forums, to grow a thicker skin.

Archived