LegacyGT.com

Found an alternative to new badges..Gauging Interest

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did not get them reversed :)..if i did then the front would have really been off..the back was a bit small.but nothing i am gonna worry about...i only know it is small beecause i have seen the the before and after..the front however..you can tell much more noticably...ai am gonna do a bit more stretching today to see if i can round out the edges a bit better so i don't have to make ryan mail me another one

i pulled mine from left to right... Ryan told me to pull at an angle

He also mentioned to me that the metallic\brushed aluminum I ordered is a little more delicate.. I hope it will hold up on the car.. I know i'll be gentle around that area once I get it on... Enough of this.. Back to pool.. Its 113 deg. in Vegas today It was 98 deg when I landed around 2 am last night..

Got Torque ?

Thinking about getting the dark red emblems to put on my atlantic blue pearl? any opinions???

border/logo would be chrome, backround dark red

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Talked to ryan and i am getting a replacement for the front emblem..i was a bit off on my orignal guess as to the size diference..my emblem came out to be 3 15/16's of an inch..the actual emblem from the inside of the silver ring side to side was 4 3/16 of an inch..but top to bottom both the front and rear were dead on. Maybe my badge has swollen up like me..damn pig of a car.

Front overlay too small. The rear fits pretty well. I have no problem with that> But the front has a large gap. I sent Ryan photos today, I'm just waiting to hear from him. As my experice with him as a Vendor has been GREAT:D. I'm sure he'll be able to fix it. Hear are some photos.:rolleyes:

bfoverlay.thumb.jpg.b9c3b81461d170b9de6f6d99fbf4e752.jpg

groverlay.thumb.jpg.c139a8223add37a66ebc1838d724deff.jpg

halfoverlay.thumb.jpg.f447a7936865553370c575a07e86bf7a.jpg

fullroverlay.thumb.jpg.e6030d68690755401cec73aa3edb26f0.jpg

Got Torque ?

I accidentally posted this in the other thread about the (OE?) emblems... This was the intended thread:

I got the Dark Blue Metallic background and chrome logo/trim for my RBP sedan. I thought the dark blue would be as dark as the blue in the original emblem, but it's not - it's a little bit lighter. I don't like it, so I ordered another set with the metallic black background.

If anyone thinks they will like the dark blue background (but which is lighter than the OE Subaru background) , they can have my emblems... Maybe they will look OK on another color. PM me if you're interested. (No cost - I'll bite the bullet)

(I put the emblem back on the backing paper and the overlay back on top of that - reffering to the front only - the back is still in the original condition)

http://premium1.uploadit.org/yevans//DSC00516.JPG

The one that is too small for the front is defintely bigger than the rear one. I was at the meet on sunday at the Pallisades mall in NY and showed them to a few people there so they could see what they looked like in case they wanted to order a set. I decide to put them on today and POW.. tooooo small on the front.

Earthworm please do me a favor and measure the width of your front overlay and your front Badge, but but just the inside part not out to outer edges.

Thanks if you can

Got Torque ?

I had a problem too, the front badge was exactly 1/4 inch too small for mine, i sent ryan the correct measurements and he sent me a new badge wiith no hassle, great guy. The badge fit perfectly top to bottom, but the edges like yours were way off. I got the new one today but have yet to test fit it, will probably do it when i do my other mods on thursday. You will have no problems getting a new badge from ryan.

Mudfoot:I posted the measurements on the top post of this page..that is from the silver ring to silver ring, not the outer edges. I got as technical as i could with the measurement with my given tape measure..but i used a piece of string to get the length, then just measure how long the string was on the tape measure. So its accurate. I gave those numbers to Ryan, so he may adjust his new front emblems to those specs..not sure though.

FYI - the measurements I gave Ryan originally were to cover the entire stock badges 4x2 in the front and 1/4" less in the rear. You should measure the outside of the set he sends you, not the chrome rings as they are inset from the edge. If you want a re-design, that's one thing, but please request a 'one-off' vs. saying it doesn't fit.

rgr that..my bad. I didn't tell him to change the size for everyonne, just told him what the measurements were that i needed to get mine to fit, i just thought he may have changed it on his own. If other people are still getting it and its small i would say he didn't change it.

Just opened my envelope from tryan..he was so nice he sent me both a new front and rear even though i only requested a new front. :D

• 2 weeks later...
I finally got around to putting on my front overlay. As I stated in my previous post that my front emblem wasn't 4 inches like the overlay I was sent. I gave Ryan the deminsions of mine and he sent me a replacement. The new one fits perfectly. Anyone that has a large gap on there overlay should contact Ryan. He's been very accomidating.

Got Torque ?

• 3 weeks later...

I just got the reflective black back ground/ chrome logo overlays. I was very amazed with their fast shipping. I received them just after 4 business day after I placed the order. Anyways, hope this could help ppl decide whether or not to get the reflective black back ground. As it says on their site, the black surface reflects white/bright siverish under flash. Here are a few pics.

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/5854/dsc030736jj.th.jpg

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/9950/dsc030772sp.th.jpg

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/2458/dsc030689oe.th.jpg

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/8033/dsc030693fp.th.jpg

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/2730/dsc030564ti.th.jpg

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/3851/dsc030432ss.th.jpg

^ Can't say much about winter, no one can since it hasn't happened yet and these are brand new! But I can hypothosize that if put on properly nothing will happen to them.

I've washed my car with a pressure washer at least 15 - 20 times since I put on the stickers....they are ON there....:D

Archived