LegacyGT.com

Suspension FAQ Discussion thread

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you cant use 07.. only 04 with sti stuff.. did you read the FAQ??

indeed i did... the 07STi springs and shock is teh full assembly.. pretty much pulled straight out of the 07STi, so they will come with top hats.. usually when ppl go coilovers they dont reuse the stock tophats as the coilovers already have them :D

• I Donated
07 sti takeoffs will not fit the second gen legacy. The top hats will I think - and the springs will - but not the strut its self

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

from the FAQ it states that i must use the top hats from the 05-07 STi shocks. which is wat i want to hear from who ever has done that. since this is a full 07 assembly i could care less about the shocks as my shocks are in good shape. all i need to do really is take the springs and top hats and toss the shocks then?

since the 05-07 hubs are 5x114 im not able to mate up the shocks to my 97.. unless i Frankenstein WRX shocks with STi top hat and STi springs...

thanks for the answers guys!

i might go that route for a nice drop

• I Donated

You can't use the 5x114 struts (shock portion)...you're right about that...however, you're mixed up about the WRX part. Only STI is 5x114. WRX is 5x100 just like our cars between 02 - 07.

You can take the 05-07 STI springs and top hats and put them on your stock Legacy GT struts as well. Don't expect too much of a drop though. It won't lower you car much....if at all. Just stiffen it up some

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

You can't use the 5x114 struts (shock portion)...you're right about that...however, you're mixed up about the WRX part. Only STI is 5x114. WRX is 5x100 just like our cars between 02 - 07.

You can take the 05-07 STI springs and top hats and put them on your stock Legacy GT struts as well. Don't expect too much of a drop though. It won't lower you car much....if at all. Just stiffen it up some

oh i know the STi's and WRX bolt patterns are different.

i do want to stiffen it up a bit even if its a slight drop.. as winters up here suck ass.. i want to stiffen up the legacy plus a slight drop nothing too crazy :D i think i will go this route for now till i get a coilover setup

i do want to stiffen it up a bit even if its a slight drop.. as winters up here suck ass.. i want to stiffen up the legacy plus a slight drop nothing too crazy :D i think i will go this route for now till i get a coilover setup

dude you make no sense.. How old are you??? JW

What does my Age have to do with the question? if you really want to know im 25.

How do i not make any sense? my original question was if i could run my stock shocks with 03 springs. since i've looked around the FAQs and not once did it mention if you can USE LEGACY STOCK SHOCKS with WRX springs..

indeed i did... the 07STi springs and shock is teh full assembly.. pretty much pulled straight out of the 07STi, so they will come with top hats.. usually when ppl go coilovers they dont reuse the stock tophats as the coilovers already have them :D

after all the talk i've come to conclusion of this question. since i can get the FULL ASSEMBLY for 07STi springs and shocks.. straight out of an STi so yes they come with top hats... knowing that i cannot use the Shock assembly.

my last reply was not for you clearly it was for broknindarkagain and from reading my post before that i did state that 05-07 suspension from an STi are 5x114 and that i cannot use those. i was not mixing things up i know what to use.. i am not mechanically inclined i work on cars at the shop and at home.. but seeing as how the Legacy is my first Subaru.. i have yet to do anything to one.. so i ask questions..

I would like to Drop my Legacy slightly (like the FAQ states it will lower the car slightly) and stiffen up my suspension (like what broknindarkagain stated)

did that answer your question on if i make sense or not? i pretty much just summed up my last 5 posts on here and stated how old i am. not being a Prick or anything.. but asking how old i am in that way Irks me to say the least..

Thanks

LOL. sorry. But your posts were confusing me. I was making sure you weren't like a 16 year old who knows nothing. sorry. OK. its a better idea not to use diff springs with our stock stuff. but can be done. I stock struts are very, soft so its always wise to swap them out as soon as possible :D

Hope i cleared everything up for you

Yet again sorry. for the annoyance.

all good i was bouncing around answering your post and broknindarkagain post..

i had teh car up on the hoist today and one of my rear shocks is leaking :spin: FAIL! so guess im going to get some aftermarkets soon... I hate our roads... shitty and Winter hits hard...

KYB GR's it is! with lowering springs... i was hoping i could use those STi's but 1.5inch drop sounds alot better than barely 1inch :D

might as well do a nice drop now for rims next year

Thanks guys for the help.. i'll try and get some pictures up on here soon

• I Donated

you're kind of going in circles there and repeating yourself. Just saying...

Now that you have your questions answered, is there anything else you need to know?

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• 2 weeks later...

For the future. Dont buy energy suspension bushings. As they are a pain in the ass to install without modication. I am currently driving without a front bar now.

Thank you Subaru community for mentioning this.

Well for one they dont even come close to fitting and for two I cant figure out how I am going to shave out the outter part of the bushing.

When everyone was all giddy about energy suspension bushings they forgot to mention they take some modification. But some people could care less on sharing their ways.

• I Donated

Yeah I posted that kit up. I haven't used it myself but I was told that it would fit???

I'm sorry about that

Try using a wire brush to shave it down (on a bench grilder or drill)

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

What would be the best way to use a drill to shave it down? I would need to shave the outter edge on the Energy suspension bushings.

I was about to get stockers and drill them out but dont want to have to go pick them up

• I Donated

If you're trying to drill out the middle, I would put it in a vice and use a drill bit of whatever size you're needing to get too.

On the outside part, use a wire brush on a bench grinder or drill to shave it down...or lots of time with sandpaper

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Question: Is it worth getting a front strut brace? The one that usually comes with stock GTB's has been removed (and a terrible alarm has been put in the way :/) I have adjustable tein struts and have heard that they aren't really worth it if you have adjustables.

Archived