LegacyGT.com

Suspension FAQ Discussion thread

hmmm and how exactly is it "adjustable"? Does it mean I can go from "tight as a drum and sliding all over the place" to "not quite out of control" compared to my "lets see if we can tip over the wagon in this next corner with all this body roll"?

How does it adjust anyway?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 3 different holes on each side of the bar. I have mine set on max and I can get the back end out so I am going to tone it down a little till I get the front one put on.

I was running an 18mm OB sway before I put this in on Friday. You will notice a HUGE difference in the way it handles.

They had 4 of them for a week and a half. I bought 1. So unless 3 people go to town on them you should be okay if your payday is coming this week.

Should be a nice compliment to the coils.

Maybe Ill stop rubbing the rears so much :lol: Im military, so pay day is 1st and 15th!

• I Donated
I wonder if theyll take payments... I can swing $1.00 for 159 months...

That won't work. You're forgetting about shipping and tax.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Im likely going to order one of those sway bars. I cant stand understeer. Also could someone link me to front and rear strut tower bars on ebay? I have followed the links but it doesnt lead to a specific strut bar. I thought I needed early wrx models but it said otherwise earlier in the thread.

93-01 Impreza Front Strut Bar

02-07 WRX Rear Strut bar

At least that is what I have heard and seen people using. Zeus being one of them.

I believe the fronts have to be "low profile" ones

Got ya. Thanks guys. I will look into that. I need some suspension upgrades for this winter. I love my legacy but its handling needs some work.

My next problem is springs. I need some that wont make me lose ride height (i need height for ground clearance in snow). I have heard of the king springs but they are kinda expensive. I have 3 cars I put money into so I cant put everything all in one basket lol.

• I Donated
Sounds like WRX struts / springs would be good for you. I bought a low mileage set for $125. They can be had for pretty cheap, and they are a MAJOR upgrade over stock Legacy stuff. And like baddog said, they won't drop your car much....if any at all

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

That would probably be ideal then. How is the ride on that setup? Did you find the struts and springs all for 125?!

O and what about this... Could I combine stock wrx suspension with some light spacers to offset the small (if any) height loss I get?

• I Donated

I loved my WRX setup. The ride quality was BETTER then my stock Legacy suspension, and handling was MUCH better as well.

What I bought for $125 was the struts, springs, and top hats for all 4 wheels.

Its all direct bolt up, except the brake line clips are different. You can either zip tie your stock brake lines to the strut (what most people do) or you can swap over to WRX brake lines and properly clip them

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

You can make your own out of plastic cutting board.....or if you want to buy them there is a link in the FAQ for them.

I have the templates you will need to make your own. I just have to find them. As soon as I do I'll post them up

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

The WRX suspension will not lower your car so you don't really need spacers.

The only time you need them is in the rear because sometimes you get "ass sag"

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived