LegacyGT.com

Suspension FAQ Discussion thread

Alright does anyone see a problem with this order?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Whiteline-Front-Sway-Bar-endlinks-link-90-04-Legacy-/300368467557?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45ef5b1665

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Front-Rear-Upper-Strut-Bar-WRX-2002-2003-2004-2005-/160643114325?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ASubaru&hash=item2567136555

Also I had a thought. Is it possible to install a rear strut bar with the interior intact? I mean I dont mind taking it out as long as I can put it back in with the strut bar.

Yo anyone got an answer for me??

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated

never heard of them, but they sound like garbage. They may be worth checking out if they are only $120 though.

However, you would need 02 - 07 WRX top hats

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I just installed brand new Megan Street Coilovers a month ago and now I'm hearing a loud knocking sound on the front left (Driver's side) everytime I go over bumps on the road, even the smallest ones. So far the coilovers are the only mod I've done to the car. I feel like something inside the coilover is hitting something that it shouldn't be, you know like it's suppose to dampen the ride but it's not doing that and making a god awful banging sound at the same time. Also, the damper adjuster on the same side moves whenever I run into these bumps. Today I adjusted them to be in the middle and after driving it for an hour in highway speeds, with the knocking sound at every bump on the road, they moved one position to the softer side (wtf?!). I don't know a lot about suspension so I'm coming here for help. Can you guys please at least make an educated guess about whats happening? Btw, it's only on the driver side, the other coilovers are fine.

• I Donated
Your bushings may be in poor shape. Coilovers are a harsher ride, and they put more strain on bushings. So worn out bushings very well can make noise

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
Yes. you can loosen the two rear knuckle bolts and push/pull the top of the knuckle to get a little bit of adjustment. Anything past what you're able to do that way requires adjustable lateral links

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Question...on certain roads the front of my car seems shaky, and less so at highway speeds. At the same time, the wheel wants to go slightly to the left. From the guide, it sounds like a SAI or caster problem. Is there a way I could check both of those before taking it to get an allignment?

• I Donated

The pull to the left sounds like a camber or toe problem.

Shaking is likely tire balancing or worn bushings.

There isnt really any way you can check it on your own (at least acuratly), so just take it in for a "free alignment check"

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Gotcha. I thought that was how they came, but for some reason I thought I saw a kit which went over your own stock shocks. I think it was on a local, mostly ricer forum I frequent. Either way, I saw that and was like what????????? that ain't right!

• 2 weeks later...

question about springs

can i still use my Stock Gen2 Legacy GT Wagon Struts with 03 WRX Springs? or do i have to get the full package.. i've searched around and could not find an answer...

if you guys know that would be great.. i have a set of almost new WRX springs i can pick up right away i just dont wanna do test fitting.

Yes, but only '04 STi struts will be a direct fit because in '05 the hubs were changed from 5x100 (which is what your car is) to 5x114.5. '05-07 STi springs will work too, but also require the '04-07 top-hats. Additionally, any '02-07 WRX set-up will work since the WRX never changed away from the 5x100 hub.

So unless your getting wrx tophats or whatever you cant use em.

Gotcha. I thought that was how they came, but for some reason I thought I saw a kit which went over your own stock shocks. I think it was on a local, mostly ricer forum I frequent. Either way, I saw that and was like what????????? that ain't right!

Those are called damping sleeves but Ground Control the company is well known for making them. They are not yet a coilover but have more adjustability than your stock struts. There are kits that let you lower your car or add damping to the car. The expensive ones will do both.

So far i know Skunk 2 made some and ground control made some sleeves but those are the two brands that i know and would trust without thinking

Ground Control kit http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=82/CA=90

Archived