LegacyGT.com

Suspension FAQ Discussion thread

The WRX suspension will not lower your car so you don't really need spacers.

The only time you need them is in the rear because sometimes you get "ass sag"

Well I have the 99 LGT so I guess I dont have to worry about it. If your sure than I wont get them. The reason for my concern is I have these snow tires on my car and if I lose even a little height they wont fit. They fit okay now but not if I lose even half an inch.

This guy seems to have what I need. Bit more expensive than the set you found though.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/personal-sale-wanted/134347769-lots-wrx-parts-suspension-exhaust-exterior.html

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated

I didn't notice any drop on my 97 GT when I put on WRX suspension....if it did drop it any, the difference wasn't even noticeable.

Try it out...and if you wind up needing spacers....get some spacers.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I didn't notice any drop on my 97 GT when I put on WRX suspension....if it did drop it any, the difference wasn't even noticeable.

Try it out...and if you wind up needing spacers....get some spacers.

Eh yeah your probably right. Thanks for all the advice. What do you think about sale that I posted? He wants double what you got it for. Did you just get lucky or is that a typical price? I got the money I just want a good deal.

Rallitek has 3 bars left! They won't be making these anymore.

$159 comes with solid endlinks, bushings and the 22-25mm adjustable bar.

For the price it cannot be beat. Just letting everyone know. Was a big upgrade.

http://www.rallitek.com/RalliTEK-Rear-Anti-Sway-Bar-Kit-LegacyOutback-1996-1999/p-4370

I just bought the last sway bar. It went from 3 to 1 overnight so I bought the last one.

• I Donated

Whiteline makes EXCELLENT products.

Check with Rallitek and Kartboy as well. They both make endlinks that will fit our cars I think.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

02 - 07 WRX struts are what you will need. Looks like the link you provided will work for you.

However, that set is going to cost you $300. You can find them for MUCH cheaper then that.

There isn't a walk through, but its easy. There are 3 bolts on the top of the strut under the hood in the front. Then two bolts on the steering knuckle.The rears are the same except the top 3 bolts are under the top section of the back seat / rear deck

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Thanks Brokin... do you know of any sites i can find these? and If i found some from someone parting them out whats a good price for the set 150? 200?

Really cool that I could do this myself... i got an estimate at subaru they wanted 1000 dollars.

But basically I just take them out and put the new ones in? do i need to worry about tophats or spacers?

• I Donated

I didn't use spacers when I did mine. I bought a complete assembly (strut, springs, top hats) for all 4 wheels for $125. Usually they go for about $150 or so.

Check on forum classifieds. See if there is a local Subaru forum where you live. Also check on rs25.com, nasioc.com, igotasti.com, and any other Subaru forum. You're MUCH better buying it from a private party

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

Complete set = struts, springs, and top hats (aka strut mounts) for all 4 wheels.

I cant say if you can do it yourself or not. It depends on your mechanical abilities

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated
Out of stock. Typically ships about 15 days after you order it.

Ground shipping recommended due to item size or excessive weight

It appears they will make them per order now. I'm going to contact them and ask about it.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Alright does anyone see a problem with this order?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Whiteline-Front-Sway-Bar-endlinks-link-90-04-Legacy-/300368467557?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45ef5b1665

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Front-Rear-Upper-Strut-Bar-WRX-2002-2003-2004-2005-/160643114325?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ASubaru&hash=item2567136555

Also I had a thought. Is it possible to install a rear strut bar with the interior intact? I mean I dont mind taking it out as long as I can put it back in with the strut bar.

Archived