LegacyGT.com

Post MPG's for Stages!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I average anywhere between 18-20 per tank with mostly city driving. Like LGT For ME said, my trip computer isn't anywhere close to accurate, but my injectors have been upgraded, along with just about everything else.

I'm stage 3ish, upgraded intake, TBE, bigger turbo, injectors, etc... It's putting down 323/296 at the wheels, and the mileage is certainly affected.

I hauled ass last Thursday night to do a 250K trip in 2 hrs.

Unfortunately my mileage suffered as I was in boost most of the trip and averaging about 140.

Mileage was still about 12.0/ 100kms. I think that translates to about 20MPG.

Simple stage 2.

On a trip to upstate New York last month I averaged about 28 mpg going 80 with Cobb Stage 1 map. I found it was actually getting better mileage going 80 than it was going 70. Generally I get about 260 miles when I fill up at 1/4 tank. Gets me around 20.5 mpg with mixed city/highway driving but I'm on the gas fairly often passing Buicks that refuse to approach the speed limit. Still Stage 1.

thats really good! Windy Road, how many miles do you go on a tank?

I can squeeze a little over 400 miles out of a tank if all I'm doing is hwy. Most I refiled the car was 15.6xx gallons :lol:

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

• I Donated

Best ever according to the trip computer was 29.1mpg on a ~60-mile highway trip to DC. It went down precipitously when I hit DC, though. :lol:

Best ever on the trip computer for a whole tank was 26.4mpg, all highway. That was on crap winter-blend gas too.

Most tanks I get in the 19-21mpg range, 50/50 back roads/aggressive highway.

I have found the trip computer to be around 1mpg optimistic on my car, back when I calculated it out by dividing number of miles on a tank by gallons put in. I no longer calculate it on most tanks, though.

Stage 3 (BNR Evo 16G, FMIC, stock fueling, stock exhaust) with an Infamous1 e-tune, max 20.5psi. You can have the best of both worlds. :wub:

Which stage do you think that our LGT's get the best gas mileage??

Any restriction removed or effeciency gained will be an increase in mpg with the appropriate tune. Your best bang for buck mpg mods are the same bang for buck hp mods, they go hand in hand(atleast on a pump gas car). You will see an increase in mpg from a better flowing downpipe, catless uppipe, and a hotter tune to compliment those item. Past that point doing anything extra like an intake, catback, or ic shouldnt make any difference as those items shouldnt be a significant flow resitriction(especially out of boost, which is where you are getting your best mpg anyways).

Most people dont think about this, but going to a bigger/nicer turbo should prove to provide better mpg as well under the same driving conditions. The bigger bigger turbo has more lag and stays out of boost more easily, and the bigger exhaust housing and ball bearing center section(if it has one) is more effecient and flows more, so it should be even less restriction on your exhaust allowing some better mpg as well.

Something to chew on. Most if not all mods that gain effeciency and hp that are not fuel related should translate into a more effecient mpg car.

I think I have a fairly have a heavy foot -- I do claim boost is more addicting than crack and tobacco... combined :eek:.

My vehicle is stage 2: I average about 19-20 doing mostly suburban New York driving, which includes stints on the highway; but mostly back roads and my commute to work.

My last trip home from Maine I averaged about 26 MPG on the highway over 450 miles.

167k and change, bone stock. My last tank was 30.18 mpg. Five tanks ago I got 33.0; it went 504.3 miles. It would have gone farther but gas stations aren't too close together here and I really didn't want to run out. It turned out that I still had over a gallon left. The car's display is accurate, but it only moves in 0.3 increments. Down at the bottom of the tank that's just not helpful.

My last tank was 30.18 mpg. Five tanks ago I got 33.0; it went 504.3 miles.

Wow, what speeds were you going to get that kind of gas mileage?

Stage 1 AccessPort AZ/CA/NV 91 octane gas tune. I recently got 27.1MPG in a 95% highway trip going 75-80MPH with A/C on 65% of the time. I got a little over 400mi out of the tank. I think I had two gallons leftover in the reserve.

-ben

It's all round trips, regular rush hour commuting with slowdowns for construction and backups for bottlenecks. I've dropped from 70 on one section and 70-80 in the other to 60 and 60-70. No AC unless the family's in the car.

I did have a tank under 30 last month- crossing NH and VT on unfamiliar roads, loaded, with the family and the AC. That one was 420 miles and 29.7 mpg.

Archived