LegacyGT.com

Post MPG's for Stages!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stage 2 19.5 boost, my trip to from NC to NY was 28.4 all with a little traffic by DC. Stayed 65 then 70 once in NC with the 70 speed limit. Cruising at 65 seems to be best.

Since then I had infamous make me a MPG tune with lower boost. Rush hour traffic driving is hit of miss, summer I can get 24. School in session around 22. Its normally 310-330 MPT and fill is around 14 gallons. That is the last 3 fills.

I completely changed my driving habits. Creep in the right lane, and coast a lot. Previously I was def in the sub 19 range.

Now that I'm at 280whp/300ftlbs I seem to be averaging 21.6-22.5 on the dash read out.

If I have to much fun, like the other evening in the rain, it will read 15.9 mpg.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

^^^^^^^ Max Capacity, that sounds like what i was doing last night lol unfortunately my check engine light came on a few days ago and am averaging 18mpg on highway when i was getting 24-26mpg before the light came on:\ the engine light came on because of cylinder 1 misfiring, whatever that means....hope its not bad

• I Donated
EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE, you average mpg your LGT portrays can be rather inaccurate, both high and low.

The only accurate way to calculate your mpg is dividing the number of miles traveled by actual gallons used.

As I noted before, for me, the dash readout is consistently about 1 mpg above the actual mileage. On the "27.3" mph tank, I calculated it out and I actually did 26.6. 0.7 mpg isn't a huge difference.

• I Donated
stay out of boost :lol:

I don't. My trip computer average right now for the past 4500 mi is 21.6mpg, which includes a lot of boosting. :wub: Even on the highway when I do things like get 27.3mpg, I never downshift, so if I have to click off cruise control, I hit boost getting back up to speed.

Stg 2 e85 city 14-16 hwy 17-19 compared to 91 tune city 17-19 hwy 23-25. When the car was stock I could get high 20's on 91 on the hwy, w/ several trips on hwy where I got around 30mpg. When I have fun in the city sub 15 is easy to get, worst tank ever around 13.5 ouch :)

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an update for my mpg...

Stock - About 22.4

Economy AP Map - 24.0

Stage 1 AP Map - 23.7

Stage 2 AP Map - 24.0

5mt, just went stage 2 last week with a shorty dp as the only mod (so far). Sounds like it got quieter too -.- But ya, that's what I've been getting. Small town highways and in town, with the 4 trips down the real highway, lol.

I went stage 2 last month and I lost a mile or two per gallon and that's not because of my right foot. I now get 23-25 and that is not being hard and mostly highway.

Tuner said I was maxing out on injection duty cycle (88-91% under heavy load), I find that a little hard to believe on just a mild stage 2 car.

Stock I was usually getting 18.7, 80% city-traffic jams/20% highway.

Best I got was 22, but that was 90% highway.

First fill-up after going stage 1 I only got 15.3 (but 95% city-heavy traffic).

It now looks to be back toward numbers I had when I was stock, currently 18.0

I've averaged 23 mpg over the last 1500 miles commuting to work... I take back-roads so they aren't highway miles thought there is one road that is straight away for 4-5 miles or so. 50 miles round trip, 28 stoplights round trip...

Not too shabby.

Oh, completely stock btw.

I'm curious to know what tires (size and type) you guys are running to get these associated numbers.

I'm running a OTS Stage 1 AP map (93 octane) with 225/45/17 Dunlop Star Spec Z1s and I get about 20-21mpg with a mix of about 70% highway/30% city driving.

I'm curious to know what tires (size and type) you guys are running to get these associated numbers.

I'm running a OTS Stage 1 AP map (93 octane) with 225/45/17 Dunlop Star Spec Z1s and I get about 20-21mpg with a mix of about 70% highway/30% city driving.

I'm right with you at ACN91. The fact is, I can get better mileage, but I rarely keep the car in S mode, and usually go S# on the SI Drive as soon as the blue light goes out. Since I have remote start, I'm barely out of the garage before beep S#. In I mode I can get 25-27. I like the larger tires, but there is a slight hit in mileage. My foot however is the real culprit. :lol:

My wagon has 225/45-17 DWS's.

My 09 SpecB has OEM tires and in S# has read 27.6 mpg at Cobb Stg1 during the summer from Atlantic City to the Hamptons.

Around town the Spec will read 22.6-23.8mpg. The wagon 21.3-22.6mpg, unless I'm feeling frisky. It has shown 16.5mpg.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

05 outback XT 5MT all stock (just 4days old from carmax)

23.5mpg using the manual miles/gallon calculation

80% highway (90% of which is using cruise control at approximately 72mph)

stock wheels on 225/55/17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S

Archived