LegacyGT.com

Post MPG's for Stages!

...Must be driving on a straight, slightly downhill decline, at 60mph in 5th gear, for hrs on end... with no A/C.

Seriously, all I have is a tbe and I only get 23-25. If I Really baby it I can squeak about 26.5 out of it. And my ride is 97-98% hwy.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you sure your car doesnt have larger injectors to mess up your computer. Those #s especially in traffic seem pretty lofty, that or you got the mpg ringer of the group, big time

167k and change, bone stock. My last tank was 30.18 mpg. Five tanks ago I got 33.0; it went 504.3 miles. It would have gone farther but gas stations aren't too close together here and I really didn't want to run out. It turned out that I still had over a gallon left. The car's display is accurate, but it only moves in 0.3 increments. Down at the bottom of the tank that's just not helpful.

• I Donated
Are you sure your car doesnt have larger injectors to mess up your computer. Those #s especially in traffic seem pretty lofty, that or you got the mpg ringer of the group, big time

30.18 was obviously calculated out by hand -- the trip computer doesn't get that exact.

I think I have a fairly have a heavy foot -- I do claim boost is more addicting than crack and tobacco... combined :eek:.

My vehicle is stage 2: I average about 19-20 doing mostly suburban New York driving, which includes stints on the highway; but mostly back roads and my commute to work.

My last trip home from Maine I averaged about 26 MPG on the highway over 450 miles.

Very similar for me.

Cobb Stage 2

Around 19-20 near Las Vegas

Around 26 MPG on the highway, 27-28 is doable if I were to go slower, but I don't :)

• I Donated
I can hardly believe you went 504.3 miles with a tank of gas! If i get 400 id be more than happy! (: any suggestions on how to get over 500 miles per tank Fat Charlie???

Stay out of boost.

Good luck with that, BTW. :lol:

Gotta say the dude's consistent. I'm not all that worried about it. The new beater Civic sported 36 mpg on winding uphill roads for part of the time and 80 mph for another part and loaded with crap while moving for another section of the tank. Not too bad. Now the Legacy is going to be used for good times like it was meant to be.

It does kind of suck though that I can't pass a parked car now because that thing is just too slow! It's about 1/3 the power. I didn't by the Legacy to win ultra-miler competitions but it's understandable why everyone wants to save some gas.

• I Donated
Honestly, I knew going into it that the LGT was going to have mediocre gas mileage compared to, say, a Honda Civic or a Toyota Yaris. I am willing to spend extra money on fuel to have a more rewarding driving experience. And I would not buy a "daily driver" to get better mileage -- what's the point in having a fun car that you don't drive, unless it's an exotic or a collectible? (And even then, I'd probably still drive it.)

Well, when you're driving 160 miles a day and it's basically all interstate driving I'd rather save the fun car for the miles that are going to be fun. I bought beater because almost no matter what I do to that car I'm not going to lose money on it. It's kind of minimizing the loss that comes from having a car. I thought about selling it to someone that would drive it but I'm selfish and I like it too much to just get rid of it. The 160 miles a day thing just started yesterday so we'll see how long that lasts and how long the beater is required.

DreDre- Staying out of the boost isn't even the half of it. I got an UltraGauge to watch engine load, and I had to school my right foot like you wouldn't believe. It's a project that I've been working on this summer, trying to get a different kind of performance out of the car.

It's weird, judging the car's performance over 16 or so gallons instead of by one corner or one pass.

I bought beater because almost no matter what I do to that car I'm not going to lose money on it

Bingo, 3 years and 65K miles after purchase, I still got 87% of what I paid for my Corolla back from my insurance company when it got totalled.

I knew the LGT was going to have meh gas mileage, but I'm not even getting 22MPG with 80% highway. I can't wait for Stage Deux.

Very similar to Bingo. I got 75% of my corolla's value after totalling it with 130k on odometer. Car still ran great too. Would have had to chop the top. Hard to go from 33-38mpg down to my LGT 25 mpg. Better then my truck of wife FJ. They get mid-teens only.

You should know the facts before accusing someone. Remember, innocent until proven guilty. It's just possible that I had a good buy on a car and when wrecked the insurance did it's own estimate and paid me 3/4 of what I paid for the car originally 4 years later. Value may have been the wrong word, purchase price is a better fit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • I Donated

Road trip on Tuesday:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/thefultonhow/Subaru/2011-09-20194426.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/thefultonhow/Subaru/2011-09-20194452.jpg

Later on, I was over 30 mpg briefly on the second tank, but none of the pictures came out, and then I dipped back down to 27-28ish. :(

Currently I'm going back and forth between the AP Stage 1 and the Economy map, but on Stage 1 I was getting 23.7 average, and 24 with Economy. And that's just with small town highway roads and a in town driving. Not really any freeway type driving around here. We'll see how Stage 2 goes whenever my downpipe gets here...

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE, you average mpg your LGT portrays can be rather inaccurate, both high and low.

The only accurate way to calculate your mpg is dividing the number of miles traveled by actual gallons used.

Just got driving an 800+ mile road trip to New Orleans. Averaged 26mpg first tank, 25.7 mpg 2nd tank, and 25.5mpg 3rd tank. All highway at speeds of GPS verified 70-80mph(oem speedometers in most all cars read alittle high), some stop and go traffic.

These numbers are for my 5spd 05 LGT with 86k miles, catted Invidia dowpipe, after market catback, perrin tmic, grimmspeed ebcs, Topspeed protune by Doug.

Archived