LegacyGT.com

2013 STI Concept **MotorTrend Update Pg.4

W1CKED

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i hate watching on my phone and computer. thats what my kick ass tv setup is for.

Make it a REAL kick ass setup and add an HTPC. Then you can at least watch it on a nice big screen. Still may not be HD & choppy, but better than a phone or computer.

The CRZ is such a cool looking car. I'd genuinely consider one if I was in the Hybrid market.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

rumor speculates a full on gasser coming. i'll do some digging and see what i can come up with on that one. would definately be cool to me as i am a huge fan of the crx. apparently the sport hybrid isn't selling quite as many as they had wished.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

Honestly why would a "sport hybrid" sell?? They just don't go together. Unless they can truly work out a way to use the instant torque of the electric mated with high end from a gas engine, but I don't see how that could be sustainable for more that 3 or 4 hard accelerations without long drives in between. Plus the added weight of a battery would probably negate the difference in extra torque.

If I'm looking for a sporty car, I don't care much about efficiency, I want it to get up an go. If I am looking for fuel efficiency, I'll sacrifice the power to save on fuel, after all, if you any car will get poor mileage if you gun it all the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Am I the only one that thinks the latest 2011 STI's are the best looking models? Some reason I heard SUBY was going to stick with this model a few more years since they gave them a new body kit for the WRX's as well and just brought the sedan STI. I'd love one if I could afford it.

I sort of like the new STI concept but I hate the bulbs in the headlights and the single exhaust in the rear.... WHY?!

I'm still not over how ugly the new Legacies are... got real ugly I'd never buy one of the newer ones... wannabe luxury

Am I the only one that thinks the latest 2011 STI's are the best looking models? Some reason I heard SUBY was going to stick with this model a few more years since they gave them a new body kit for the WRX's as well and just brought the sedan STI. I'd love one if I could afford it.

I sort of like the new STI concept but I hate the bulbs in the headlights and the single exhaust in the rear.... WHY?!

I'm still not over how ugly the new Legacies are... got real ugly I'd never buy one of the newer ones... wannabe luxury

There isn't a new sti concept. Those renderings have nothing to do with Subaru

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hear ya on that one, the Legacy lost its soul in the 5th gen if you ask me. The 4th Gen was super handsome sleeper, the 5th gen is like a Toyota imitation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I hear ya on that one, the Legacy lost its soul in the 5th gen if you ask me. The 4th Gen was super handsome sleeper, the 5th gen is like a Toyota imitation.

This is why when I finally picked my first Legacy, I went for a '09 3.0R instead of a brand new 3.6R. First Subie I've ever bought used out of 5 total between me and my husband over the years...

The way I see it, the 4th gen was an attractive anomaly. With the 5th gen, Subaru went back to their usual goofy styling ways.

It's amusing to see talk like this, because a lot of people argue the opposite. The last design was "all subaru" whereas the new Legacy was inspired by Toyota's influence and looks like a Camry.

Myself, I think all automakers change styling to accomodate the latest trend and they all end up resembling each other, with a few manufacturers getting ahead of the trend on a few models, just like any other fashion industry.

Why do they keep making them with 4 doors. Should be an option or something. They better have HID and projector head lights. The first page pics look like a chevy cruze.

Because coupes don't sell well at all. HIDs, IMHO, are over-rated and the cost and complexity isn't worth it. Many times good halogens can out perform HIDs because they don't have the sharp cutoff like HIDs have.

Why do they keep making them with 4 doors. Should be an option or something. They better have HID and projector head lights. The first page pics look like a chevy cruze.

What's the alternative? 2 doors sucks big time...

5 doors is fine though! :D

453747.png

Archived