LegacyGT.com

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the '04 shocks lower the rear end just slightly. Where do you add the spacers? How big a PITA are they to do?

I did the PVC ones at the top of the rear shocks between the hat and the body. Made my own. It wasn't hard at all. Nothing a sharpie, some cutting board material and a jig saw couldn't handle.

I did the PVC ones at the top of the rear shocks between the hat and the body. Made my own. It wasn't hard at all. Nothing a sharpie, some cutting board material and a jig saw couldn't handle.

When I went and purchased the spacers I looked at them and thought it probably would have taken me less time to make them than it did to drive to FastWRX to get them.

I ordered my LGT bumpstops today too so that will go in at the same time as the spacers. Pretty excited to not hit bumpstops every time I go over a pebble in the road.

Nice! How much of a pain in the ass was it to install? Does the WRX or STI tmic fit?

TMIC? None. Take off the stocker, put the Perrin in place. Just make sure you either 1) file down the top of your slave cylinder banjo bolt to provide clearance or, 2) add BA washers to the top to push/lift it up a bit on the TB side to clear the clutch MC reservoir lid. Recommend you get rid of the stock TB hose though. It's a PITA on too many levels.

Specific LGT fitment. WRX/STI use a different turbo connection and require complete conversion to WRX/STI-style intake manifold.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I got my boost gauge installed tonight and it works and looks great!

http://i.imgur.com/gsBPQl.jpg

My HID's on the other hand are a different story. I got one 6000k bulb and one 8000k bulb. The company is closed for the night but I am hoping they will fix the problem in the form of an overnighted 6000k bulb:

http://i.imgur.com/7PsUYl.jpg

Please excuse shitty cell photos.

What HID kit do you select?

BTW - I have family in Front Royal - not sure how close you are but I will wave if I spot you.

'08 OutBack XT limited - Satin White Pearl

AVO FSB Bushings | Ralli-Tek RSB | AVO Drop-in filter

What HID kit do you select?

BTW - I have family in Front Royal - not sure how close you are but I will wave if I spot you.

I went with the DDM kit. The kit isn't as bad as their customer service. I disputed the charge with them and will be spreading the word never to deal with them.

Nice! I live in Haymarket, Front Royal is about 40 minutes west of me.

I went with the DDM kit. The kit isn't as bad as their customer service. I disputed the charge with them and will be spreading the word never to deal with them.

Nice! I live in Haymarket, Front Royal is about 40 minutes west of me.

Nice - it always amazes me how small the world can be.

Thanks for the info on the HID's - I'll check them out.

'08 OutBack XT limited - Satin White Pearl

AVO FSB Bushings | Ralli-Tek RSB | AVO Drop-in filter

A lot less money and effort involved but I got their yellow fog bulbs, which they guarantee for a year. One went out after less than 3 months and after one email questioning the procedure for replacement they sent me an RMA number. Now I need to get out there and switch out the bulbs to my old ones so I can return both the yellow ones. They warrant them in pairs so I have to send both back.

A lot less money and effort involved but I got their yellow fog bulbs, which they guarantee for a year. One went out after less than 3 months and after one email questioning the procedure for replacement they sent me an RMA number. Now I need to get out there and switch out the bulbs to my old ones so I can return both the yellow ones. They warrant them in pairs so I have to send both back.

Well I guess I forgot to update. I called them when I got to work this morning and in order for them to warranty the bulb I need to email them several photos of the headlights turned on, and then if they decide the colors are different I will have to send them the whole kit back, which they will replace with another kit that will be shipped from China. All in all it will probably take well over a month.

Also, on the way home today one of the ballasts went out. It isn't even worth trying to argue with them so I disputed the charge with my bank and will never deal with DDM again and I will unrelentingly rate their product and service as horrible to anyone and everyone that will listen.

Yeah, that's a real PITA. Thanks for the clarification and details. When I had an expensive Sylvania Silverstar HD low beam go out on me in about 2.5 months I was pretty upset. The store said they didn't handle any warrantee transactions on those bulbs. When the second one went out less than 2 weeks later I decided I was done with those bulbs. I ended up writing to Sylvania and asked for a refund rather than replacement bulbs as is their policy and they sent a check. I didn't have to return anything. The bulbs were only like $9 for the pair but they charge $17 for shipping. Not sure if there will be any charge on the return transaction other than my paying for return shipping. My guess is that DDM figures if you have to return both bulbs that a lot of people just won't bother.

Well I guess I forgot to update. I called them when I got to work this morning and in order for them to warranty the bulb I need to email them several photos of the headlights turned on, and then if they decide the colors are different I will have to send them the whole kit back, which they will replace with another kit that will be shipped from China. All in all it will probably take well over a month.

Also, on the way home today one of the ballasts went out. It isn't even worth trying to argue with them so I disputed the charge with my bank and will never deal with DDM again and I will unrelentingly rate their product and service as horrible to anyone and everyone that will listen.

http://images.instagram.com/media/2011/07/07/d016d80c38f44986b7a104beb2321a33_7.jpg

What's the lamp (or is that button) to the right of the boost gauge all about?

Sorry, was truly looking at it through the face of the gauge. To the gauge's right, our left... Sometimes I surprise even myself. :redface:

Sorry, was truly looking at it through the face of the gauge. To the gauge's right, our left... Sometimes I surprise even myself. :redface:

Oh hahah! It is the peak recall button. I mounted it there because it seemed like the most logical place.

Great! Thanks. *hides in embarrassment*

Haha, its all good. I actually originally wrote that it is the peak recall button but then I got confused about what you were talking about so I deleted it.

What do you think a good second gauge would be?

Personally, oil pressure gauge. BTT your dash oil light 'lights', it's too late. One with a threshold light would be perfect. It's the first thing I check when I start the car and the one I monitor more than any other. That and the Oil Temp gauge.

Nice, those were the two gauges I had in mind I was just trying to decide on which one I should get. I suppose I will go with the Oil Pressure. I was looking at this one, since it matches my Boost gauge and there is already a plug for a second gauge:

http://autotechinteriors.com/index.php/products/gauges/stri/dsd-series/slm-ii-series/amber-led/stri-slm-ii-smoke-lens-oil-pressure-amber-led.html

Archived