LegacyGT.com

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like I will be selling my Legacy GT stock suspension and getting BC BR coilovers. Pretty excited. Anyone have anything to share about their personal experience with BC?

No experience, but I anxiously await your review of them. My Megans are in need of replacement.

There have been suggestions that people should not use the springs that come with the BC/BR coilovers and instead replace them with Swift springs. Supposedly a better ride with them. If the stock BC/BR springs are like the Megan springs, I would advise you consider the Swifts.

Looks like I will be selling my Legacy GT stock suspension and getting BC BR coilovers. Pretty excited. Anyone have anything to share about their personal experience with BC?

Do Koni's and springs, not crappy coilovers.

And get me ride height info!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Ant I thought my car was hell on speed bumps. You must get airborne when you run over a snail.

That is a photoshop...

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I thought it was obvious. You live in NoVa. One of two things would happen with wheels that big:

They'd be destroyed by the crappy roads.

or

They'd get stolen.

Do Koni's and springs, not crappy coilovers.

And get me ride height info!

Ok Ok, I just used my tape measure last night so I know exactly where it is and will measure when I get home tonight. As for springs, the reason I want coilovers is so I have some adjustability. (Is that a word?)

As for springs, the reason I want coilovers is so I have some adjustability. (Is that a word?)

Yes, that's a word. And I agree that the coilovers are a better solution for the Outback. The quality of the available coilovers leaves quite a bit to be desired, but you get the exact ride height that you want with some degree of damping and height adjustment.

I'm sorry, but an Outback on stock Legacy suspension looks like a bit of a turtle.

You give up ride quality and durability by going with junk coilovers, though.

I guess if you don't like your kidneys, or your wife, it's not an issue.

I'm very happy with my Bilstein and pink setup. Much happier than I was with coilovers. Just need to fix ride height, and I'm golden.

Yes, that's a word. And I agree that the coilovers are a better solution for the Outback. The quality of the available coilovers leaves quite a bit to be desired, but you get the exact ride height that you want with some degree of damping and height adjustment.

I'm sorry, but an Outback on stock Legacy suspension looks like a bit of a turtle.

Haha, what do you mean a turtle?

You give up ride quality and durability by going with junk coilovers, though.

I guess if you don't like your kidneys, or your wife, it's not an issue.

I'm very happy with my Bilstein and pink setup. Much happier than I was with coilovers. Just need to fix ride height, and I'm golden.

Would you really go as far as to say they are "junk" though? It has been a long time since I have put coilovers on a car but from the cars I have driven that have BC coilovers and reviews from personal friends of mine (not Internet people) I hear pretty good things.

Yeah, they aren't a super high end setup, but I drive my car maybe 200 miles a week, if that. I have a 2011 Legacy that handles all of the running around. As it is now I if I go over a decent sized bump in the road my front tires are rubbing on my fenders because my current suspension isn't stiff enough.

BC's are junk. Same class as Megan, ISC, etc.

If you don't mind a crappy ride, go for it. But don't expect a butter smooth car after the install unless you drive on glass roads in NoVa... which don't exist. As soon as the road gets rough, that's where crappy coilovers show their colors.

Couldn't disagree more. I put on a set of LGT wagon springs with Bilsteins and 1/2" spacers in the back. The car looks just fine. The look you are talking about is when people put on Legacy lowering springs. That looks stupid unless you roll fenders and put on wheels with appropriate offset.

BC's are junk. Same class as Megan, ISC, etc.

If you don't mind a crappy ride, go for it. But don't expect a butter smooth car after the install unless you drive on glass roads in NoVa... which don't exist. As soon as the road gets rough, that's where crappy coilovers show their colors.

How do you feel about RCE KW coilovers? There is a member here selling and it turns out the BC's are out of stock right now anyway.

The RCE KW's are great.

Archived