LegacyGT.com

GrimmSpeed Master Brake Cylinder Brace - Review

dingbang

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So is the 05-07 LGT figment available?

Grimmspeed's site and Google tell me no? I was hoping myself.

According to Justin's post below, 05-07 will be the first of the 4th gens to be produced, followed quickly by the 08-09 variants.

And to give everyone an update, we had to make multiple tweaks to this dang thing. If Subaru decided to make the model years identical it would be a lot easier. The first brace we are coming out with will fit the 05-07 LGTs and then following we will release the 08-09 brace.

Justin Grimm

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

If they need another tester in Rochester I can volunteer my '08. :lol: Going to do the STI MBC/booster swap once I get my vacuum bleeder delivered....so sick of doing the pedal pump dance!

-Steve

Been awhile since I've seen ur lgt around town :(

For curiosities sake, how much master cylinder deflection are people seeing?

Good question. I recently had my wife watch the master cylinder while I pumped the brakes. She didn't see any movement.

As for me, my main complaint with my brakes is the dead zone at the top portion of travel. SS lines nor a brace would likely help for this problem as there is not much pressure in the system. Maybe it is my stacked shims which is forcing the pad away from the rotor after release.

And just some background, I track my car and currently run centric premium rotors, ATE fluid, XP10/8 for lapping, HP+ for street and have also used HPS and stock pads.

• 2 weeks later...

Patience grass hopper *to self as well*. Last update from Justin was on 7-19 (post 62) where he indicated that the 05-07 would be first-out, then followed-by the 08-09 versions.

Given their penetration on all of the Subaru sites, and likely short-staffing on their engineering and development side to keep that element moving forward, keeping everyone informed across all of the sites may be spotty until this thing is nearly ready-for-sale.

We do know that with Grimmspeed products, when it's ready, it will be fully ready, fit perfectly and meet every performance expectation.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 2 weeks later...

Archived