LegacyGT.com

GrimmSpeed Master Brake Cylinder Brace - Review

dingbang

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Want to confirm this installs just fine with the 5EAT on an 05!

Everyone makes this sound like a difficult install. It's 30 minutes of work, and you could probably do it faster if you had to. The trick is really in the prep. Watch the video on their website first.

Was driving through a lot of water today (torrential downpour here in the low country) and was just reflecting on how much "flex" this had eliminated from the firewall, and how much better the pedal feel is post-GS BMCB install. It's eliminated a lot of the "take-up" that I previously had to use before the firewall finally stopped moving and the brake piston could finally "work" on the brake lines.

Adding water on the brakes to the mix just increased the duration between compression and engagement. Now the brakes are just "there" when you compress and you don't have to wait until the firewall fully flexes (extending the compression stroke).

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

bump from the dead, how are people liking their braces?

I just watched this gif on GS's site and said "ohhhh" that's why it's so squishy lol

http://grimmspeed.com/product_images/uploaded_images/GSBrace400x300.gif

Best thing I've done to upgrade pedal feel during braking. It's definitely a noticeable and immediate return on investment.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Interesting. I hadn't even thought of installing this. I might consider it.

When it comes to aftermarket 'performance' parts, I assume a fair amount of placebo effect because I typically find that most enthusiasts can't discern whether a part is or isn't installed. If this has an obvious and real improvement in pedal feel, I would definitely like to install it.

When it comes to aftermarket 'performance' parts, I assume a fair amount of placebo effect because I typically find that most enthusiasts can't discern whether a part is or isn't installed. If this has an obvious and real improvement in pedal feel, I would definitely like to install it.

The benefits of this MCB are for real and can be felt immediately. Bang for buck is off the charts.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

The benefits of this MCB are for real and can be felt immediately. Bang for buck is off the charts.

Yep, just like Code said, you will notice an improvement immediately. The change in pedal feel is relatively dramatic, not just in high-speed braking, but everywhere. You'll feel the difference before you've even pulled out of your driveway.

Call us if you have any questions or need install tips!

Matt Beenen

Engineering

You'll feel the difference before you've even pulled out of your driveway.

Completely true. I noticed the difference as soon as I started the car and depressed the brake pedal before I even got in gear.

Keep in mind, however, this is a "braking feel" upgrade, and does nothing for total stopping distance/power. That being said, it will do more for precise braking feel than SS lines ever will. Not even comparable IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived