LegacyGT.com

GrimmSpeed Master Brake Cylinder Brace - Review

dingbang

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm in for a GB!

I wonder if it will fit a LGT with a swapped STI MC/Booster...

I was thinking the same, but since it's an STI MC/Booster, wouldn't it need the STI MC brace instead?

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

I was thinking the same, but since it's an STI MC/Booster, wouldn't it need the STI MC brace instead?

the biggest difference is the bore or the MC, i would be surprised to see a large ( <1") difference in the length of both set ups. I'm hoping with the adjustability of the GS brace that we will be able to use either one at our choosing

the biggest difference is the bore or the MC, i would be surprised to see a large ( <1") difference in the length of both set ups. I'm hoping with the adjustability of the GS brace that we will be able to use either one at our choosing

Right on!

I was looking at this product and the pictures. It seems a good idea but then I grabbed my gas line block which this clearly mounts to and it moves all over the place because it is mouonted on rubber gromets. So the stiffening device is mounted to something that moves alot and is made to absorb engine vibrations. Not flaming just dont understand how this could ever work. Just my .02

Edit: Im just asking fo clarification of how it works, again im not ripping on grimmspeed, I have many of their products and their top notch.

I was looking at this product and the pictures. It seems a good idea but then I grabbed my gas line block which this clearly mounts to and it moves all over the place because it is mouonted on rubber gromets. So the stiffening device is mounted to something that moves alot and is made to absorb engine vibrations. Not flaming just dont understand how this could ever work. Just my .02

Edit: Im just asking fo clarification of how it works, again im not ripping on grimmspeed, I have many of their products and their top notch.

We definitely would not mount it to rubber grommets. :)

The brace is mounted directly to the strut tower. It is solid as a rock.

Justin Grimm

And to give everyone an update, we had to make multiple tweaks to this dang thing. If Subaru decided to make the model years identical it would be a lot easier. The first brace we are coming out with will fit the 05-07 LGTs and then following we will release the 08-09 brace.

I know many of you have been waiting awhile for this. There is nothing fast about designing a product from the ground up. Even our quickest products take 6 months or so...lots of prototyping, fitting on all models years to make sure, designing, etc etc. There was no way I was going to cut corners for you guys just to get it released sooner...that is not how we run the business.

Justin Grimm

And to give everyone an update, we had to make multiple tweaks to this dang thing. If Subaru decided to make the model years identical it would be a lot easier. The first brace we are coming out with will fit the 05-07 LGTs and then following we will release the 08-09 brace.

I know many of you have been waiting awhile for this. There is nothing fast about designing a product from the ground up. Even our quickest products take 6 months or so...lots of prototyping, fitting on all models years to make sure, designing, etc etc. There was no way I was going to cut corners for you guys just to get it released sooner...that is not how we run the business.

Justin Grimm

:-(

Ballpark timeframe for the 08/09 version?

Ohh for that actually pretty soon here I believe, within the month I believe will be reasonable!

Will

Couple more questions:

1. Would one need to do a brake fluid flush before installing the MC brace? Reason I ask is because I just had my brakes done including a flush. I couldn't wait any longer as my brakes were literally screaming for an upgrade.

2. Would it fit in a 2.5i? I just want to hear it straight from the horse's mouth (not that I'm calling you a horse, it's just an expression :lol: )

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Great!!

1.Nope, simple bolt on anywhere, even a fast food parking lot with basic tools (might get a bit gassy ;)

2.YES! Of course you horse. There should be no difference in bolt placement in the strut tower inner wall and alignment with MC. I ate like a horse today though, ohh, man, sleepy time! :)

Will

Archived