LegacyGT.com

Seriously.. do we really need 250 horses?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange, i see alot of women around here driving Porshes, Corvettes, Ferarris and Aston Martins. Saw a fine arse MILF in a Lotus Elise just the other day. Oh well, guess those are chick cars too. Turbo or not...

NO, we dont need 250hp. We need more!

Edit: Guess F1 cars are now "chick cars" too since she is driving one.

http://www.myclassiclyrics.com/artist_biographies/Danica_Patrick_biography.jpg

A few questions/comments...

1. I just got my LGT a few weeks ago and am used to the power already. I wouldn't mind a bit more, but then again, I have no trouble passing anybody at will or doing a quick sprint to 100mph on the highway.

2. What is the reason for the 50 hp difference between the Leg GT engine and the STi engine?

3. This one is hardly news, but driver skill plays a big role in how fast you go. I used to have an older 911 and did some track days with PCA in the Northeast. You'd be amazed by what some guys could do with an old 180-200hp car. Some guys would bring their newer twin turbos and blow everyone away on the straights. But quite often they'd get passed on other sections by better drivers with half the hp. One of the best investments in going faster, safer, is to do some track days with an instructor. I used to see a similar thing when I rode dirtbikes. Guys would chat online all day long about how much hp their bikes made, but it was always the guy with the beat up old 125cc who would blow the rest of us away through the woods. Once again, driver skill.

4. If you just want to drag race, please ignore item #3 and just mod the hell out of your car.:icon_wink

5. As much as I love lots of HP, the most fun car I ever had was a 1996 Miata. About half the HP of a LGT. But I could take exit ramps about 10 mph faster than I can in my LGT. And with tiny little tires on steel wheels nonetheless. If you've driven one you've got to know what I'm talking about. Can't beat light weight.

im so glad its 250/250 so we still stand a chance to all the damn cars nissan keeps pumping out every other month. now a 267hp eclipse (wonder hoe much tq and how much it weighs). i dread the day that an eclipse is on the same playing field as my car. i hate those cars along with celicas. they are chick cars. need to be able to catch them and check them out or make any dumb guy driving it nuts shrink when my sedan leaves him behind. personally i want another 50/50 and better suspension. just fast enough to play with almost everything on the road and easily keep everyone else in check. i don't think i could drive another n/a 4 ever again with very few exceptions.

Call me stupid....(not actually). Is 300/300 possible on this car while keeping it streetable and emission Nazi friendly? I have but chipped the tip of the mod ice berg..short ram w/CBE, pulley. I expect ECU work next and then what?

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

My apologies. Indy is it? I guess all Indy cars are chick cars then. In keeping with the classification rules for a "chick car". Guess Michael Andretti, Al Unser Jr. and Eddie Cheever are going to be pissed off knowing that they race a "chick car".

She doesn't drive F1 cars...yet.

She's begging for a test drive but no one is offering and no one will. She's not the most aggressive driver in the field. The other chick in American open wheel racing, Katherine Legge already had her F1 test. She's got a leg up:lol:, since her boss owns Cosworth. So does that mean a F1 car is a chick's car?

http://www.gokatherine.com/picture.asp?file=206451.jpg

I guess I shouldn't make my comment about chick cars like I did in a post a while ago. It had something to do with Outbacks.

Need, Need, I want 250 Hp. Sadly I had to settle for 166 HP in a 2003 Legacy. Want and need at least 300 Hp just because more is not enough. Who really need to be able to get to 60 in less than 7 seconds. IMHO nobody needs more than 100 HP for and average car. But want, oh yes I WANT all the perfomance I can get. I hope to upgrade next year.

we don't need 250....we need 400 horses. but 250 is ok. admit it, there's a bit of an ego thing knowing you can smoke other cars on the road. not that we would do it, but knowing is all the content. :-)

+1!!!!!!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Does someone need an 8ft bong? No, a one hitter would do just the same, but the 8ft is more fun.

I beg to differ, the one hitter cant touch a properly brewed 2ft, you dont need the extra 6ft unless you are doing it wrong and getting too much "air" in there. It should look like a glass of milk and feel like a punch in the face... ;)

As for power, more is better, if for nothing else than enjoyment while driving, do we need 250+ hp? No, does it make my drive a pleasure vs a chore, yes.

A question for you bong addicts. Were your parents hippies, or does a disproportionate percentage of Subaru owners think weed is cool?

Oh yeah, there's probably no correlation between you pot smokers and the number of LGTs involved in one car accidents.

"Dude! Like I was drivin' my riced-out Legacy down a street near my house like at... hang on...20 miles an hour, dude and I made a left turn. You ain't gonna believe this, man but whoa! I hit a tree!!!

Can I sue Subaru? Ha, ha, ha, sue Subaru. Got anything to eat?"

http://home.earthlink.net/~stan999/upload/4-MACH1s-1509-600v2.jpg

You know when you have enough horsepower when you can smoke your tires all the way between corners.

I'm at stage 2 and can't even get the Proxes 4s to squeak from a roll in 1st, so I must need more horsepower...

Irony is that if the tires did slip, I'd be over in Wheels/Tires bitching about how I need more traction (but not less horsepower). :lol:

Got UP/DP/Ion springs installed on my LGT today.

Drove around in Chevy Malibu for the day. Effective people mover. Adequate. But deadly boring, and merging into freeway traffic @ 80 mph from short onramps becomes a death defying feat.

Got my LGT @ Cobb stage 2 93 octane this evening. Somewhere in the range of 300-305 HP, according to Cobb's info. Made driving, merging, onramps effortless, and, just as important to me, exhilarating!

Need? Depends upon one's own needs, I suppose. I liked 250 HP, but 300 eversomuch moreso.

Archived