LegacyGT.com

LED Instrument Cluster, HVAC, Etc..

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By any chance, when you first installed the new bulbs did you notice any funny smells?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I recall no.

One would not come on no matter how many times I changed it even with the one that initially worked on the other side.

I do recall that the bases for the replacement LED lights seemed to be of lower quality than the OEM Subaru bases that held the old lights in.

I also don't remember if the original lights were removable from their bases to easily replace them. I think I have them stored some place so I can look...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Not that I recall no.

One would not come on no matter how many times I changed it even with the one that initially worked on the other side.

I do recall that the bases for the replacement LED lights seemed to be of lower quality than the OEM Subaru bases that held the old lights in.

I also don't remember if the original lights were removable from their bases to easily replace them. I think I have them stored some place so I can look...

When I changed my bulbs I ordered the ones for the clock and ODO as well, however I was not aware that my cluster didn't have a hole for those two bulbs.

So I was left with two extras and decided to put them in my signal light holes. However the contacts were too large on the new bases and ended up coming into contact with something else too. Sadly it ended ruining my whole cluster and I had to buy a new one. Not sure if something similar could have happened to you or not.

However, there was clearly a nasty metallic like smell and a small puff of smoke when it happened. I was able to salvage my cluster for a brief period of time by using a thin piece of wire.

When I changed my bulbs I ordered the ones for the clock and ODO as well, however I was not aware that my cluster didn't have a hole for those two bulbs.

So I was left with two extras and decided to put them in my signal light holes. However the contacts were too large on the new bases and ended up coming into contact with something else too. Sadly it ended ruining my whole cluster and I had to buy a new one. Not sure if something similar could have happened to you or not.

However, there was clearly a nasty metallic like smell and a small puff of smoke when it happened. I was able to salvage my cluster for a brief period of time by using a thin piece of wire.

Welp my instrument cluster seems to just have a bad connector for the light that is for the time and temperature.

I bought two new lights from the Subaru dealer and confirmed that only one socket works between the two.

Anyway I got one of the LEDs to work and now have a working backlights short one light

I found out the LED came loose and was floating around inside the cluster.

I ended up completely taking the cluster apart and accidentally scratched some of the back on the circuit board when bending back the gauge tabs.

Additionally I now have a check engine code of P0462 "low voltage."

Does anyone know if a scratch on the circuit board cause a check engine code to come up?

I cleared the code and will see if it comes back...

Wish I had an answer for ya. Gonna install this weekend. I got the green T1.5 so I'll keep an eye out. They're polarized so you may need to flip em 180°. Did they illuminate before?

Hey thanks for replying.

Yeah only was lit before, I just assumed it was a burned out light bulb.

In my above post I elaborated that one of the LED bulbs fell out of its wedge housing and was floating around inside the cluster.

My passenger side clock/temp light is not working at all.

My next plan is to find some small gauge wire and solder from the working side to the not working side to give power to the other light.

That probably won't be for awhile though, as it is a pain taking the instrument cluster apart. :spin:

Archived