LegacyGT.com

LED Instrument Cluster, HVAC, Etc..

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually now that I think about it I did have to manipulate one of them...the shifter light.

You can trim the circuit board a bit, I had to and it did not harm the function of the light. I used a pair of side cutters and just snipped a tad off one side. Make sure you glue the bulbs in with silicone.

Hope this helps!

• 2 months later...

wow, this is fantastic. I know im late to the party, but i cant stand the green lights in my car and this will make things feel 'new' again!

I need some clarification on the cruise control lights tho... I just placed my order in and forgot to order bulbs for those three lights (cruise, fog, wiper defrost*i think)

Maybe a link, or a part #?

Thanks alot!

Link: http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Finstrument.html

You want to buy the NeoWedge bulbs. I don't know what size for sure because I bought all 3 sizes as I did 3 vehicles at one time and I needed all three sizes so I just ordered a bunch of each. I CAN tell you that they are not the 5mm ones. They are most likely the 3mm. To be safe order 4-5 of each, they're cheap enough anyways and you never know when having these might come in handy!

Hope that helps.

@stoggy or who ever can asnwer it might help others aswell but on the 2000 L on the mirror controlls I see the light socket it didn't come with a light an you say it takes a Neo-xHP 3mm I've tried like 3 differant lights and tried playing with a reg led on it nothing works is it cause it doesn't suport it or its broken?

I'm not sure. My mirror controls in my GT do NOT light up...only the 'AUTO' button on the window controls has a light....and the heated mirror button has a light too.

Not sure what you mean...

Yeah I made a new light for the auto and Oh the heated mirrior have the light hmm. ill take a picture tomorrow of what I'm talking about cause I'm going to bed for work, it looks like a light socket but I guess it isn't wish it was it would of been cool

Okay so this is what I was talking about on the bottem of the mirror controlls

http://i42.tinypic.com/nnad0m.jpg

it just looks like a light socket but then when I had it out I looked around and noticed there's no way for light to get out unless I take the blank out so it must be for something else or nothing lol my bad

• 2 weeks later...

installed my lights and they look great, unfortunately i had a problem with one bulb flickering. I thought maybe it wasnt making good contact, but turns out to be a faulty bulb. Superbrightleds was awesome about it and offered to send a replacement. Excellent customer service.

Just wanted to confirm that the three switches on the left of the steering wheel do indeed take 3mm bulbs. I havent put them in yet, but the 4mm ones used in the hvac cluster were too big. I tried them before i put them in the hvac and since stoggy confirmed it wasnt 5mm, it has to be the 3mm. Just putting that out there. I assume that the heated seat buttons will take the same...ill confirm once i order. Also doing the glove box compartment and that will take the 74-xHP3 bulb...im doing mine in white, same as the ashtray, which i use as a coin drawer. Hope the 3 leds will be bright enough.

I want to do my license plate lights and i THINK these are the ones

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2FWLED-xHP5.htm

can anyone confirm? Is the 5 led bright enough or should i go with the 9led, assuming it fits?

Any link on good bulbs for the left side switch bulbs? That's all I have left for interior led conversion.

If your talking about the cruise and fog light switchs? They are NEOx-xHP: 3mm they are really really tight fit though and for the auto window switch you have to take the whole thing apart and solder a regular 3mm led in with a 440 resistor I believe that's what I used just double check with the resistor calc on superbright store

I assume that the heated seat buttons will take the same...

They are not the same. If you have 2 spare SMD neo-wedge bulbs (1 for each switch) you can actually take the SMD chip off the twist-lock base and use that. To remove the chip just unwind the wires around the bottom of the base and carefully pry the chip up. You can then gently pull the SMD chip and wires out of the twist-lock base.

To use in the heated seat switch you will have first have to disassemble the switch itself. You want to work with the part with the copper contacts--you'll see the old bulb in a rubber type holder--discard this. You will need to solder the SMD chip to the copper contacts. Be careful not to bridge the contacts with solder or you will blow a fuse for sure. Take your time doing this and also be VERY careful putting the switch back together as you'll have to maneuvre the new LED in such a way that it fits into the 'tube' from the top part of the switch.

Any questions just ask. Hope this helps.

If your talking about the cruise and fog light switchs? They are NEOx-xHP: 3mm they are really really tight fit though and for the auto window switch you have to take the whole thing apart and solder a regular 3mm led in with a 440 resistor I believe that's what I used just double check with the resistor calc on superbright store

Those would be the ones :)

Those would be the ones :)

Forgot to mention there is 2 leds in each one, one light for the glowing of the words and another one for the orange/yellow on light I kinda wanna switch to green or something cooler instead of orange

Archived